Lowred my hoe 3/5...getting the back lower....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
Whats the trick to getting the back lower on a 3/5? I have about a 1" wheel gap still and others i have seen have no gap. Is it going to settle that much? its been about 5 days now. I used the mcgaughys kit. spindles, keys, springs, and axle relocators. I put the stock keys back in to level the truck out, but would like to have no gap all around...

heres a pic...this is with the lowering keys. now has stock keys to bring front up like the rear
IMG_0051.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

oh and btw i dont have the rubber isolators in and also installed mcgaughys drop shocks.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might take it a little longer to settle, the only other thing you can do if it doesn't settle anymore you can try a 1" body drop to get the look your after. I'm sure others will drop in with some advice on this!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 days should be enough to settle. Do you have shock extenders as well?

Remove rubber spring isolators as well... it's good for 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch

That's about were mine sits as well...

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh and btw i dont have the rubber isolators in and also installed mcgaughys drop shocks.

get rid of those, while McGaughys is a superior product, their shocks are junk. Get some Bilsteins...

Nice truck BTW, whe in AZ do you stay?

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
God......................I want to drop my z71 3/5 so damn bad. Wish my fiancee was cool lol

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Threads like this make me want to get around to lowering mine so much more. If only I had the cash to do it now. Where in AZ are you? There are several of us from AZ on here. I'm up in North Phoenix.

goozdenali

Banned - Bad dealings with members
Reaction score
i have that same kit on my denali, and im having the same issue. front is good cuz u can still go lower but the rear needs to go lower, and its all in the spring dude, cuz i let the truck sit with no shocks, just the spring and stayed at the same height. but there is a resolution, the qa1 springs i was gonna get them but i decided to bag my rear, ''set n forget'' thats putting bags in, leave them set at a certain psi and dont sweat tankk and compressor ect till u have the money. if u wanna go with the spring check out the thread djm started. im gonna start a thread on my project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts