Lowering questions from the new guy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all...
I have a 2001 Denali... With the autoride..
My shocks are shot to hell as is the autoride compressor...Yet I do not get any messages on the dash...

The truck still does ride good but I've been waiting to drop her... and now is the time since I have to change the shocks... Can you guy's point me in the right direction please?

SO here is what I do know.....

I do want to do the EIbach sway bars front/back..
I do want to do stock height shocks but go with a aftermarket shock set such as Bilstens... ( unless someone thinks I should get true autoride replacements )
I do know I won't be running 24's more likely 20's maybe 22's, I might even stick with 17's with really meaty sneakers.. ( I'm going to be doing a wide body make over, so, I would be using a greater offset. )

AND Here is what I don't know....

What is best recommended for dropping the front? - Torsion keys or spindles?
Is there a coil over mod for the denial as to get rid of the torsion set up?
I don't want to scrape the floor... so what would be the Ideal drop 2/3 or 3/5?

Last, would anyone know if Energy suspension or any other well know manufacture makes a polyU bushing kit for these trucks... I would like to change any and all of the body bushings... ( I'm going to go as close to an off body restoration as possible with out actually taking the body off )

Thanx so much in advance and I'm glad to be a part of this great great community.... Hands down these are some of the baddest vehicles on the planet, bar none...

BIG DAVE

OP
OP
T

trik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Norcal..... but I have AUTORIDE and that kit says it wont fit...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the 2007+ section, might get a better response in the right forum. :shake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel