Lowering Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's a myth, especially when others have done it with success. I added some strips of rubber around the top of the coils to eliminate any squeeking, and added more on the driverside to reduce the difference in height caused by the years of driving.

B O S S

Funny the height difference everyone notices, mine is perfect level in the back and .25" difference up front.:mexsmoke:

OP
OP
NoPh33rRaCiNg

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should sit 4" or a bit lower with the isolators. You may want to buy some airlift helper bags to ensure proper height if you don't want to do the free travel mod, or you can get some 3/4" or 1" spacers but I think the coils should work well if you keep the isolators and do some shorter bumpstops. All depends on the rear shocks to be honest.

couldnt i buy some different shocks and it would make it a little higher? any that you recommend? i think im going to get it done by my buddys shop that does juice, bags, etc.. and well see how it comes out. he can most likely help get the level just perfect

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Shock extensions + some good shocks will ride nice. Bilsteins, belltech street performance, foxes, and edelbrocks are dope.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok cool so looks like im gonna do a 3/4 like i wanted and drop my new front keys 3, and rear 4. i have 35 series tires on my 24's, im probably going to be rubbing a decent amount? guy at local tire store recommending only going down 2'' in the front. will i have to some trimming? i think he said something about the windshield wiper fluid box needing to be moved a little

I doubt you will need to cut anything, judging from your pics it looks like you are going to sit real nice with your wheel offset. You *may have some rubbing until you get yourself a set of Z71 OEM bumpstops from GM, they're like gold for lowered trucks as they keep your front wheels from bottoming out inside the fender. I would suggest until you do, that you go very easy in cutting the stock front bumpstops, you should ride on em 100% of the time.

B

OP
OP
NoPh33rRaCiNg

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will need to cut anything, judging from your pics it looks like you are going to sit real nice with your wheel offset. You *may have some rubbing until you get yourself a set of Z71 OEM bumpstops from GM, they're like gold for lowered trucks as they keep your front wheels from bottoming out inside the fender. I would suggest until you do, that you go very easy in cutting the stock front bumpstops, you should ride on em 100% of the time.

B

good to know. thanks

king 'kon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hijack does anyone have the gm part # for the z71 bump stop going to do a 3/5 in the upcoming months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick