lowering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obo

Reaction score
If I am putting my new torsion keys in, do all 4 wheels need to be off the ground or can i just lift the front 2 up? and do wheels need to come off? also once you replace the key all you do is crank the bolt looser to lower? I have read the thread a million times by tjr021 but I think i have read it too much and am over thinking it :emotions122:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Only the front suspension needs to be unloaded, you don't have to get the wheels off the ground but it may help to relieve tension. I'd suggest using air tools as it will make short work of the install. The torsion bar adjuster bolts should not be adjusted too tight or too loose, find a happy medium where the truck sits the way you prefer.

OP
OP
obo

obo

Reaction score
front suspension unloaded as in unbolting the shocks or unloaded as in lifted off ground? and do i ansolutely need the special c clamp tool or can u go without it?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jack up the front of the truck
then support it with jack stands
locate the torsion keys
remove the bolt
then use ur torsion key unloader tool
or a puller push the key up remove screw holder thingy
then with a small rod hammer out the key from the torsion bar
install new one in exact opposite

OP
OP
obo

obo

Reaction score
chris, so when i put the new key on, do i screw the bolt all the way back in, and it will automatically be sitting lower?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put the new key in then with the tortion key tool OR a puller u have to push the KEY up so that u can get that little metal piece back in the part that holds the bolt (idk the name of it)
then u can put the screw all the way in or all the way down
its up to u
that bolt adjusts the height of the truck so what i would do is once the new keys are in
scew the screw in until the fronts level with that back

lower the screw the lower the truck sits
the higher u screw it in the higher the truck sits

once u have the new keys installed u can lower the truck down off the jack stands and adjust the front accordingly

OP
OP
obo

obo

Reaction score
yo thanks chris, i got it done and its looking alot better than stock, still need some new wheels but and least the stance is a lot meaner now. thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae