Lowering Denali with factory airride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoserty

Reaction score
I have a 2007 denali with the factory air suspension and i am wanting to lower it a bit so i can throw some 24'' wheels on it. I want to keep the factory system active do to that fact that i tow my boat alot.... Has anyone done this and have any insight and or part numbers? thanks in advance for all your help.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
You can't adjust the height of the Autoride I've asked in the past and the answers have been pretty unison

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
This question has been covered more than 9/11 on this forum. You could check the Search box or suspension threads to see them.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2007 denali with the factory air suspension and i am wanting to lower it a bit so i can throw some 24'' wheels on it. I want to keep the factory system active do to that fact that i tow my boat alot.... Has anyone done this and have any insight and or part numbers? thanks in advance for all your help.

i sell the belltech set up fro your truck. Send me a pm if interested..

Front Street

Reaction score
I know the height can be adjusted up until the 2006 years. 2007, I'm not sure it's the same, but there are a lot of lowered Denali's that I've seen out there.

Look for kits, like Belltech and McGaughy's. If you go low, do it right with spindles up front and springs in the back.

It works great for my 2004 Denali.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't adjust the height of the Autoride I've asked in the past and the answers have been pretty unison

Yes you can -- kind of. You just can't lower the truck by tweaking the factory suspension by itself. You have to swap out suspension components for lowering ones, and THEN you can adjust the Autoride sensors to keep the truck at that [new] level.

In fact, if you lower the truck and DON'T adjust the Autoride sensors, then the truck will keep trying to raise the rear of the truck to the factory height.

The bottom line is that you can't lower the truck be adjusting what you have. There's no adjustability. You need to get lowering springs and whatnot in order to lower the truck -- and there are kits out there that work with Autoride.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I know the height can be adjusted up until the 2006 years. 2007, I'm not sure it's the same, but there are a lot of lowered Denali's that I've seen out there.

Nope, not the same. No torsion bars on the NBS trucks. But yes, plenty of people lowered (or leveled, like me) out there!

stumpdog72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just sold my 07 Denali it had the McGaughy's 2/3 on it. I kept the lowering kit when I sold it. If ur interested let me know i'll let it go for cheap.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
I just sold my 07 Denali it had the McGaughy's 2/3 on it. I kept the lowering kit when I sold it. If ur interested let me know i'll let it go for cheap.

was a spindle up front? cause ive seen 2/2 with just springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparkybuilt63