Lowered the RST Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before and after. Removed old deflector and installed the PPV deflector. Front is McGaughys drop spindles with upper A arms. DID NOT GET A FULL 2 IN. I was kinda expecting this. Seems like newer the car the less of a drop. And yes they do stick out just a tad. Rear is Belltech 3/4 kit. Did the spacer for the 3in drop. Because I didn’t get the full 2 in drop in front I’m going to slightly raise the rear by adjusting the auto ride sensors. Oh fun note...my bump stock brackets are more sandwiched in and pretty much flat against the frame. Not like the older ones where it sticks out a bit to cut underneath it. I don’t see how cutting it would be possible without damaging the frame. So I didn’t do the free travel mod.
468FE103-DC18-45C5-9224-09AEA52F3947.jpeg 870A1C31-4930-4152-9D10-1FA4C0490CD1.jpeg

Last edited:

joe_joe

Reaction score
Perfect stance now.

Side question, where did you get the American flag sticker for your side windows?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. But if the bump stops are sandwiched at ride height, you are in for real ****** ride quality.

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. But if the bump stops are sandwiched at ride height, you are in for real ****** ride quality.
? Drove it over 30 miles back home with it after alignment. Drives great. I was saying “sandwiched” referring to the stock bump stop bracket. Usually the bracket hangs a bit where you can cut just under the frame and cut the bracket off. This suburban does not even have the space to cut the bracket is what I was saying.

Last edited:

Fsuhammond

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I don’t think that’s what he meant. I gathered that he was referring the the actual bump stop mount being very small compared to other versions previously. My 15 esv has a couple inches of clearance to my bump stops after cutting them 1” per Tony’s advice. Haven’t bottomed out yet and is lowered 4”.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
? Drove it over 30 miles back home with it after alignment. Drives great. I was saying “sandwiched” referring to the stock bump stop bracket. Usually the bracket hangs a bit where you can cut just under the frame and cut the bracket off. This suburban does not even have the space to cut the bracket is what I was saying.

Oh gotchya....carry on!

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before and after. Removed old deflector and installed the PPV deflector. Front is McGaughys drop spindles with upper A arms. DID NOT GET A FULL 2 IN. I was kinda expecting this. Seems like newer the car the less of a drop. And yes they do stick out just a tad. Rear is Belltech 3/4 kit. Did the spacer for the 3in drop. Because I didn’t get the full 2 in drop in front I’m going to slightly raise the rear by adjusting the auto ride sensors. Oh fun note...my bump stock brackets are more sandwiched in and pretty much flat against the frame. Not like the older ones where it sticks out a bit to cut underneath it. I don’t see how cutting it would be possible without damaging the frame. So I didn’t do the free travel mod.
View attachment 247198 View attachment 247199
Love the truck!! [emoji91][emoji91] I’m in the same boat with the front not going a full 2”. Mines went down 1.25” now the truck sits even with no rack. So my question is how would you manipulate the ride sensor to raise the rear some? I was told that that the rear can only go down some with adjusting the sensor rode shorter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the truck!! emoji91.pngemoji91.png I’m in the same boat with the front not going a full 2”. Mines went down 1.25” now the truck sits even with no rack. So my question is how would you manipulate the ride sensor to raise the rear some? I was told that that the rear can only go down some with adjusting the sensor rode shorter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By doing the opposite, make them longer. My installer will be making final adjustments next week to balance things out. Here is a post from another thread

In regards to the sensor rods;
Auto ride sensor rod links can be swapped to 10-24 threaded machine screws. At an overall length of 3-11/16" it levels out with about a 1/2" rake. For every 1/8" change in sensor rod length changes ride height by 3/4". It doesn’t take much adjustment in the sensor rod lengths to adjust the ride height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157