Lowered 2021 RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Diesel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I "upgraded" the RST 2WD suspension with Beltech front springs and moved front springs to the rear. Truck is 2.5 inches lower and from what I read is sitting where the PPV sits from the factory. The issue is the now improper (lack of) dampening and rebound of the RST factory hydraulic shocks for the lowered suspension. As there are no aftermarket dampeners for our new model offered yet, I wish to try the Delco Mono tube Gas shocks that are standard on the PPV. Have tried to purchase but unable to find part numbers without the Equipment code or last 8 of the VIN. Can anyone tell me the suspension code on the 2WD PPV or share the last 8 of a VIN?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I "upgraded" the RST 2WD suspension with Beltech front springs and moved front springs to the rear. Truck is 2.5 inches lower and from what I read is sitting where the PPV sits from the factory. The issue is the now improper (lack of) dampening and rebound of the RST factory hydraulic shocks for the lowered suspension. As there are no aftermarket dampeners for our new model offered yet, I wish to try the Delco Mono tube Gas shocks that are standard on the PPV. Have tried to purchase but unable to find part numbers without the Equipment code or last 8 of the VIN. Can anyone tell me the suspension code on the 2WD PPV or share the last 8 of a VIN?
Try going on Ebay and look for any PPVs for sale. Grab a vin off one of those.

kingkon

Reaction score
I don’t know if it will apply, but on my OBS I had to get shock extenders when I lowered it.

OP
OP
RST Diesel

RST Diesel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally sourced a PPV VIN and was able to order the shorter monotube gas shocks that come standard on the PPV. Hoping maybe they are a rebranded Bilstein?

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally sourced a PPV VIN and was able to order the shorter monotube gas shocks that come standard on the PPV. Hoping maybe they are a rebranded Bilstein?
What is the part number or a link for those shocks? Did they work out for you?

OP
OP
RST Diesel

RST Diesel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have had the PPV dampeners installed since July. They are certainly an improvement over the stock shocks that were bottoming or hitting stops? No more bottoming now but still too bouncy / jouncy. Thinking springs are a bit too stiff? Still waiting for a complete engineered suspension to be offered. Side note, when towing and or loaded heavily the ride is actually pretty good. The other 95% of the time, not so good.
If anyone needs the PPV shock part numbers I will have dig them up? They are not Bilsteins, made in Mexico.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17