Low tire pressure light on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys got a stupid low tire pressure light but tire was fine but now I don't know how to reset as I don't have those fancy menu buttons on the dash as it's a ppv ... Any guidance please? Thx

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any halfway decent tire shop can do it for you, or you can buy the little tool online I think they can be had for $20 or less

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys got a stupid low tire pressure light but tire was fine but now I don't know how to reset as I don't have those fancy menu buttons on the dash as it's a ppv ... Any guidance please? Thx

What year? You said the tire was fine, what did you do to it to check? The light comes on if the air pressure decreases more than 10 psi from whatever it was set to, probably the same as your door sticker.

OP
OP
Canadrian

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year? You said the tire was fine, what did you do to it to check? The light comes on if the air pressure decreases more than 10 psi from whatever it was set to, probably the same as your door sticker.

OP
OP
Canadrian

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 and I was just on the highway I'll check pressure with a guage tonight

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two procedures for resetting the TPMS sensors but this is positional and not related to low air pressure. The light goes out due to low air when the sensor detects the right amount of air or is replaced because it was faulty.

On another note, your truck can have a DIC switch easily added. You just need the switch and the panel modified or changed so you can access it and those handy features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE