low idle sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every now and then my idle falls to 400 rpm, maybe a tad lower, when i let off the gas. its most annoying when im backing my trailer in and have to give short, quick taps of the throttle. its low enough where it will loose any power it has at idle and i roll back forward again. sometime i think it going to stall but never does.

i plan on cleaning the maf, tb and replacing the tps. any other ideas? 160k miles. still on stock o2s as well. should i change them or just wait till i get a code for them. im thinking about doing it to try and help my mpg. 13.5 is all i get. my set up is in my sig.

thanks guys.

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed my knock sensors, intake gaskets,cleaned the mas, and throttle body. my tahoe was doing this same thing after, until the computer relearned the engine.
I'm only telling you this because when I pulled the intake is sure looked like both sides of the intake were leaking. could be a vacume leak problem.

I'm sure someone else with far more knowledge will chime in though, don't just go by me.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
160K, id change the 02's, thats alot...clean the TB, and MAF...that might help....

OP
OP
R

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys.

ive actually considered changing the knock sensors too. she needs a good once over mechanically. im going to save up a couple hundred dollars do everything at once. knocks, tps, o2s, all gaskets involved, clean maf, tb, etc.

ive considered changing the cats but they are just too expensive for me right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort