Low beam head lights are yellow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan17

Reaction score
My 2017 Tahoe LT has about 81K miles on the clock. Not having the truck very long I don't know what the head lights should look like. At night they project a yellow light down the road and they really don't do much for lighting up the road or shoulders of the road. The truck does not have fog lights and I'm wondering if the harness is there for plug-n-play but, there is also no switch on the dash.

To add fog/driving lights where the fog lights should be is there a lot of work involved and can I wire them up using a fuss harness and a relay? Do these Tahoe's have a CAN Bus system?

Rolexus

Reaction score
Hi Dan17, my 05 had yellow lights when I got it ~3 yrs ago. I got some LED replacement low beam AND high beam bulbs from Amazon - AMAZING results - nighttime on highway, looks like daylight.

I also replaced the daytime running light bulbs and turn signal light bulbs with LEDs - also impressive change.

Did the same thing with rear lights as well: brake, park and turn signal bulbs to LEDs, again from Amazon.

Also replaced back-up bulbs to LEDs - like DAYLIGHT when backing up in the dark.

AND this replacement was not that expensive, maybe $200 CDN. When you order, make sure you match your vehicle year and trim details (i.e, LT, etc.) to the part ordering info - guaranteed fit for connection harnesses.

The headlight bulb changeover does come at a cost. A trip on the highway last winter, went through a snow storm. As LED bulbs run on less power and are not ‘heat’ source, sleet tended to build up on the lenses, so had to stop every 200 kms. to wipe icy sleet from headlamps, etc.

Otherwise... am extremely happy. Did this answer your question?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What's wrong with yellow lights? You youngsters all seem to have poor eyesight! LOL

View attachment 357007
I think there is less glare and better visibility with the warmer light if it is bright enough. Glare is my biggest concern with LED bulbs. With the factory bulbs and in the rain I am virtually blind from glare. Not sure I would like the LED bulbs.

That said, if I did go LED it would be the Morimoto 2stroke 3.0 units.

I am running a set of Phillips Night Guide Platinum bulbs and I like them bur they are only rated for 200 hours so they wont last like the factory bulbs do.

Bulbfacts.com is a great resource if shopping.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is less glare and better visibility with the warmer light if it is bright enough. Glare is my biggest concern with LED bulbs. With the factory bulbs and in the rain I am virtually blind from glare. Not sure I would like the LED bulbs.

That said, if I did go LED it would be the Morimoto 2stroke 3.0 units.

I am running a set of Phillips Night Guide Platinum bulbs and I like them bur they are only rated for 200 hours so they wont last like the factory bulbs do.

Bulbfacts.com is a great resource if shopping.
One of the LED low-beams on the Sierra is dying a slow death. Not sure what Miss Smiles Per Gallon wants to replace them with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr