Loud muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate a muffler that drones inside the truck. The aftermarket one on my Yukon drones big time. I'll have to replace it to get some peace inside. It's too loud for sound deadening material to quiet it down. The brand embossed on it says MasterMuffler.

In my opinion, it's a POS part.

2v2JhhENGxQKds.jpg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to help rule out another brand, mine has a Dynomax (single exhaust) and it can get annoying.

A stock style would probably serve just as well with less drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that a Gibson cat back system might work well. I owned, for a short time, a 2002 ZR2 Blazer on which I installed a Gibson cat back. It made the 4.3 engine sound like a Jag on the outside, but was quiet inside the truck.

The full stainless steel system is what I'd go with.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm thinking that a Gibson cat back system might work well. I owned, for a short time, a 2002 ZR2 Blazer on which I installed a Gibson cat back. It made the 4.3 engine sound like a Jag on the outside, but was quiet inside the truck.

The full stainless steel system is what I'd go with.
Guy I knew had a Gibson cat back on his Silverado, that thing sounded mean! I don't know how it sounded on the inside tho.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was tired of my stock exhaust a little while ago so i grabbed a dual to single 3 in y and a cheap thrush welded muffler. welded it in myself to keep price down to keep my wife quiet. i wasn't expecting much but i was thoroughly pleased. nice mellow sound almost cant even hear it on the highway. has a nice rumble when i start the truck and a nice growl when i get on it. since it was a cheap diy when it fails ill probably redo the same setup with but with full pipes instead of just a muffler swap.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
i was tired of my stock exhaust a little while ago so i grabbed a dual to single 3 in y and a cheap thrush welded muffler. welded it in myself to keep price down to keep my wife quiet. i wasn't expecting much but i was thoroughly pleased. nice mellow sound almost cant even hear it on the highway. has a nice rumble when i start the truck and a nice growl when i get on it. since it was a cheap diy when it fails ill probably redo the same setup with but with full pipes instead of just a muffler swap.
We need a vid!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill try to remember to grab a video or 2 on my way home from work tonight. for a diy that costed me just shy of 90 bucks including the stainless tip i am very please. not everyone has access to thier own welder no 90 bucks is really based on how much you can do yourself.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i grabbed some videos not the best sound clips as the mic on my phone seems to be really good and i listened to it through some ear buds so it kinda heightens the sound a bit but ill post them up anyway.