Loud *clank* sound from engine - 2007 Tahoe 5.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dillon2222

Reaction score
Also while driving. It started the Saturday before Christmas and the local shop I went to was closing early but said he didn't want me leaving on the chance of causing more damage. After he got the starter off you could hear there was something loose in it. He thought the pinion would slide out and hit the flywheel and that would kick it back causing the clank. Again this was my experience ...hope this helps you.
Could very well be the starter causing the issue, i would look into that also. i was just stating what i saw in the video. could be a coincidence with the starter issue. How many miles are on it again? if your wanting to do preventive maintenance then i would replace the water pump. If not then i would leave it alone until it leaks or goes bad. if the starter does not fix the clank, then i would look more in to replacing the water pump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayukon