LOTS of GM Trucks Spotted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm back from a week in the Grand Tetons National Park, and I want to tell you that I saw MANY GM trucks from NBS through 2021 models driving through the Park and surrounding areas. When I say MANY, I mean that there were more GM trucks driving around than all other truck makes combined!

It makes me believe that the GM truck is the preferred truck for those who travel distances.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm back from a week in the Grand Tetons National Park, and I want to tell you that I saw MANY GM trucks from NBS through 2021 models driving through the Park and surrounding areas. When I say MANY, I mean that there were more GM trucks driving around than all other truck makes combined!

It makes me believe that the GM truck is the preferred truck for those who travel distances.

How was the trip? Wheres the photos???? :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Cool, how was the trip? That's the area we bought the Sierra from, 6.2 trucks are more common up that way. Did you stop by Medicine Bow and Shiloh Ranch and see The Virginian or Trampas?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'll be headed that way in a little less than 3 weeks! I'll ask the kids to keep track. These are fantastic cold-weather trucks. Turbos don't love subzero temps and that's practically half the year up there. :)

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a great trip, though the smoke from the Northwest fires did create a bit of a haze that was not there in any of my previous visits to the Park. Also, there were more visitors there than ever before, most likely due to the need to get outside, after a year of Covid. Some of the more popular trailheads had cars parked on the side of the main road (parking lots full) for well over 1/4 mile in both directions. You could still get away from people, though. We saw lots of different animals during our stay, and we took a white water rafting trip down the Snake River. I found a new drink (for me) that I loved (to the point of being dangerous) - huckleberry margarita.

The remaining glaciers have shrunk by about 40%, since my last visit to the Park 23 years ago. Talking to the Guides, half of this shrinkage has occurred in the past 7 years.

The drought out West is impacting the Park, as Jackson Lake, the largest lake in the Park, is being drawn down by about 1 foot per day, in order to supply water to Idaho for potato growing. The water level in the lake has dropped so much that all boats in Colter Bay needed to be removed by last weekend, as the Bay was going dry.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts