Loose "shift" feeling in LF seat when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hose clamp fix appears to have solved it for me - not exactly a sophisticated solution but seems to be the only workable solution at the moment.

Still working perfect to me.

Solved a major headache... or should I say butt ache. :hmmm2:

Fireman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel what I would describe as a Popping sensation in my drivers on my 2015 Tahoe. I notice it when making fast turns off of busy streets but not slow turns like residential. I have 4000 miles on it now and it started around 2500 miles and seems to be getting worse, not better like a break in. After 3 trips and numerous hours at the dealer to get the A/C problem I had fixed, metal shavings in the Freon, I just may opt for the hose clamp jerry rig fix.

Last edited:

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is getting progressively worse. I have tried PMing GM Customer Service with no response. Gonna try the dealer route but I have had the 4wd Service twice, water in taillights, and a door rattlings that have all been fixed in the first 90 days. Hope they don't think i am just a needy customer

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hose clamp fix still holding in there for me. Some people hate on "rigs" like that but I don't want the clowns at the dealer ripping my seat out.

carlsonsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well,stupidly I tried the dealer route while it was in for something else. All it got me was a broken rear cover of the drivers seat, and the clunk is still there. They don't know how to fix it. It even makes them madder when you mention you learned something on the forums.

I did get a new dash board though as mine had a hole in it by the airbag the size of a finish nail hole. How it got out of the factory like that, I'll never understand but at least now you can hardly see the airbag border in the dash. They damaged the finish on the glove box and trim piece in between replacing the dash. Those are now new too.

Fireman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wondering if the problem will eventually progress to the front passenger seat after time since we don't always have someone riding in it like the drivers seat.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a new seat shim kit bulletin that went out, at least according to my dealer. Should arrive in a few days then we will see.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a new seat shim kit bulletin that went out, at least according to my dealer. Should arrive in a few days then we will see.

Keep us posted. I will have to check into doing that to mine.

MisterSHO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You guys will appreciate this. I had mine in for some recall stuff and a few other small issues and asked them to address the seat jiggle. So they had it for a significant amount of time and when I went to pick it up they were going over everything they did and didn't mention the seat. So I asked and was told the following .......

.... "it's supposed to do that. it's part of the new power seats."

Next stop hose clamp. Shoulda followed Hosse all along.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys will appreciate this. I had mine in for some recall stuff and a few other small issues and asked them to address the seat jiggle. So they had it for a significant amount of time and when I went to pick it up they were going over everything they did and didn't mention the seat. So I asked and was told the following .......

.... "it's supposed to do that. it's part of the new power seats."

Next stop hose clamp. Shoulda followed Hosse all along.

No surprise. As if I haven't said it enough, these fools are the dealer service departments are such idiots. (Beating a dead horse)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts