Looking to purchase 2015-2019 Yukon SLE or SLT Not a Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sjay89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very happy with my 2017 Slt. Ask me anything.
I appreciate the reply. Im just wondering if there was anything different for 2017 in the SLT vs. 2016, it appears nothing "major" - RCA ports to HDMI on models with tv screens and various color options for exterior changed. And also apparently interior accent lighting went from red to blue.
What made you go with SLT vs. Denali?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An SLT will have all of the same problems as a Denali or Escalade minus the Mag ride. Just buy the Escalade. 15s and 16s are terrible anyway so unless you’re going to spend for an 18-20, I would skip this body style entirely. Get a 13-14 if you need/want repair costs minimal.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a 2018-2020 because of the 10 speed which is awesome. I noticed 30 percent better mpg than my 2008 Escalade. On the highway I can get up to 28 mpg on road-trips. The best I saw in 14 years of ownership with my 2008 was 17.1 mpg.

T Ford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate the reply. Im just wondering if there was anything different for 2017 in the SLT vs. 2016, it appears nothing "major" - RCA ports to HDMI on models with tv screens and various color options for exterior changed. And also apparently interior accent lighting went from red to blue.
What made you go with SLT vs. Denali?
I purchased Certified Pre Owned in 2021. Prices were extremely inflated and cars were hard to find. I love the look of mine, it had a warranty, I’m comfortable with the 6 speed transmission and lastly, the gas mileage. I would not have been as happy with an SLE and would also be happy with a Denali. If you look, 2016 still had more electrical issues, by 17’, most kinks were worked out. Where are you looking?

OP
OP
S

sjay89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in Toronto. I will look for 2017+ SLT.
I really want an Escalade but 2018+ are well outside my budget. I started by looking at 2015-2017s that were priced better ( but now know why).......

NT Automotive

Reaction score
First want to say after being a member only a few days the members here are very nice and supportive. Unlike other forums. Such a relief.

We just bought a 2019 SLE a week ago. Priced below book bc dealers having hard time selling cars in my area if not MSRP or less.

See pics of our SLE. Will take more once I sign off on it (everything done 1-3 months). Keeping it pretty much fully stock minus few small things.

Normally we opt for top trim models of whatever car we own the last 20-25 years. We are Very happy with the SLE despite being lowest trim level. It also has the convenience pack and couple other things which is nice bonus on SLE trim.

Suspension is non mag but that is ok. Less to worry about and cheaper to replace. Comfy. Bouncy with body roll but after a week adjusting to how it drives...its no longer a thought. Enjoyable.

The SLE is Comfortable, safe, practical, good power, brakes are middle the road a tad hard but stops good for a big beast, looks sexy, nice stereo exactly in my range, sweet color combo, cloth seats very soft still look new, easy to drive, plenty of space, never used CD player to power my dusty but reliable case logic collection, interior design seems nicer than new models minus nav screen, miles per tank 350 Minimum, 6 speed tranny is solid if you need more gears to get from 0-100mph in a big SUV you might want a diff vehicle, it can tow no prob + has trailer brake/gain control, the 2nd row bench I think is actually better than buckets which are becoming more stiff/desolate/cold design, not a bunch of junk I dont need minus 4wd only zonk it doesn't have wish it did but its ok here in desert/SoCal, it was built before covid in Feb 2019 during the ****** of mankind and lastly I always wanted to have my own silverish on light color interior Unikon. Now I have my oldish man boat on wheels after years of many extremeish vehicles. We are way beyond satisfied.

On the sour side. Taking it to dealer this week to get engine checked with under 25K miles. Runs good but noticed minor tick when cruising under light throttle and tiny shudder from engine when stopped at light. Still under warranty (cough dont buy one thats out of factory warranty or nearing same). We have at least 1yr left on our powertrain warranty. Hallelujah. I will know more by end of week after engine diagnostics complete.

*Regardless, planning to get it fixed + do a few more things that I trust will add many more years to its service life for my family here in the desert, for my business, and rowing it all across the USA until I fall over some day.

Good luck with your search and keep us all posted

Attachments

• 20230129_193321.jpg
    20230129_193321.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230121_174409.jpg
    20230121_174409.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 8

NT Automotive

Reaction score
First want to say after being a member only a few days the members here are very nice and supportive. Unlike other forums. Such a relief.

We just bought a 2019 SLE a week ago. Priced below book bc dealers having hard time selling cars in my area if not MSRP or less.

See pics of our SLE. Will take more once I sign off on it (everything done 1-3 months). Keeping it pretty much fully stock minus few

Normally we opt for top trim models of whatever car we own the last 20-25 years. We are Very happy with the SLE despite being lowest trim level. It also has the convenience pack and couple other things which is nice bonus on SLE trim.

Suspension is non mag but that is ok. Less to worry about and cheaper to replace. Comfy. Bouncy with body roll but after a week adjusting to how it drives...its no longer a thought. Enjoyable.

The 20 inch wheels are just right on our model. 22s ride rough and not durable. Under 20 and doesn't handle corners as confident as it could. Plus wheels not black color which most of ours have been ever since we helped jumpstart the black wheel fad back in 2007 sorry guys ha ha. We powder coated OEM wheels black on my old 1st gen SRT Supercharged Jeep then drove it cross country twice. See pic of jeep for posterity & few vids of it still on youtube long before auto influencers were a thing.after many sets of good looking black wheels we are very happy to not have em on the SLE.

Back on the SLE. The SLE is Comfortable, safe, practical, good power, brakes are middle the road a tad hard but stops good for a big beast, looks sexy, nice stereo exactly in my range, sweet color combo, cloth seats very soft still look new, easy to drive, plenty of space, never used CD player to power my dusty but reliable case logic collection, interior design seems nicer than new models minus nav screen, miles per tank 350 Minimum, 6 speed tranny is solid if you need more gears to get from 0-100mph in a big SUV you might want a diff vehicle, it can tow no prob + has trailer brake/gain control, the 2nd row bench I think is actually better than buckets which are becoming more stiff/desolate/cold design, not a bunch of junk I dont need minus 4wd only zonk it doesn't have wish it did but its ok here in desert/SoCal, it was built before covid in Feb 2019 during the peak of mankind and lastly I always wanted to have my own silverish on light color interior Unikon. Now I have my oldish man boat on wheels after years of many extremeish vehicles. We are way beyond satisfied.

On the sour side. Taking it to dealer this week to get engine checked with under 25K miles. Runs good but noticed minor tick when cruising under light throttle and tiny shudder from engine when stopped at light. Still under warranty (cough dont buy one thats out of factory warranty or nearing same). We have at least 1yr left on our powertrain warranty. Hallelujah. I will know more by end of week after engine diagnostics complete.

*Regardless, planning to get it fixed + do a few more things that I trust will add many more years to its service life for my family here in the desert, for my business, and rowing it all across the USA until I fall over some day.

Good luck with your search and keep us all posted

Attachments

• 20191014_225846.jpg
    20191014_225846.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230129_193321.jpg
    20230129_193321.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230121_174409.jpg
    20230121_174409.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

T Ford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in Toronto. I will look for 2017+ SLT.
I really want an Escalade but 2018+ are well outside my budget. I started by looking at 2015-2017s that were priced better ( but now know why).......
Definitely! Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts