Looking to buy, updated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 was the last year for the ESV and EXT. Is it worth $10K more for a low mileage unit? If you have the dough I would say so. How many years will it take you to drive from 50K miles to 100K where most of these are selling for? How much maintenance is not due until then?

OP
OP
M

mpicasso

Reaction score
2013 was the last year for the ESV and EXT.
While trying to figure out if I wanted Denali vs Escalade, shortbed vs longbed, I have been using 2009-2014 for years. Thanks for letting me know about the ESV, as I honestly did not notice (not interested in the EXT).
My biggest thing right now is deciding why to buy either the Escalade or Denali. Fond of both vehicles though have a slight preference towards the Escalade. If someone has a reason why they prefer the Denali, definitely all ears.
Is it worth $10K more for a low mileage unit? If you have the dough I would say so.
Think I am going to stick to the budget of $25K, with $10 down. Looking for later model, lower mileage, not in the salt belt, and decent service records. At this price, if something happens, easier for me to afford and can probably pay off in a year.
How many years will it take you to drive from 50K miles to 100K where most of these are selling for? How much maintenance is not due until then?
Hard for me to tell because I am (re)exploring things I have not been able to do without a truck - back to kayaking, field work with my dog, etc. Would guess 3 to 4 years, for mileage.

Finding a few vehicles to look at so hopefully soon, I will be posting in a different section!!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While trying to figure out if I wanted Denali vs Escalade, shortbed vs longbed, I have been using 2009-2014 for years. Thanks for letting me know about the ESV, as I honestly did not notice (not interested in the EXT).
My biggest thing right now is deciding why to buy either the Escalade or Denali. Fond of both vehicles though have a slight preference towards the Escalade. If someone has a reason why they prefer the Denali, definitely all ears.

Think I am going to stick to the budget of $25K, with $10 down. Looking for later model, lower mileage, not in the salt belt, and decent service records. At this price, if something happens, easier for me to afford and can probably pay off in a year.

Hard for me to tell because I am (re)exploring things I have not been able to do without a truck - back to kayaking, field work with my dog, etc. Would guess 3 to 4 years, for mileage.

Finding a few vehicles to look at so hopefully soon, I will be posting in a different section!!!
I forget where you live, if in a big city, go for the Denali as thieves are drawn like flies to cowpies when it comes to Escalades.

Esky's are have a nicer interior IMO, especially the Platinum with their Tehama Leather seats.

OP
OP
M

mpicasso

Reaction score
I forget where you live, if in a big city, go for the Denali as thieves are drawn like flies to cowpies when it comes to Escalades.
SE Florida (Palm Beach county), though hoping to head to at least central/SW Florida within the next year or so.
Esky's are have a nicer interior IMO, especially the Platinum with their Tehama Leather seats.
That is what has me drawn to the Escalade...headlights and the Tehama leather seats. Most of my driving will be distant, so looking for quiet and comfort.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SE Florida (Palm Beach county), though hoping to head to at least central/SW Florida within the next year or so.

That is what has me drawn to the Escalade...headlights and the Tehama leather seats. Most of my driving will be distant, so looking for quiet and comfort.
That's right, we're neighbors! Both will serve you well in the comfort department. @Seamus @RebelBelle

Gene has an Escalade Hybrid that he does long commutes with. Maybe he'll get this message and pop in and share his experiences with it thus far.

There are a lot of these things sitting in parking garages all up and down the coast while their owners are up north. They turn them in with low miles and get another, they turn up at all kinds of big name dealerships like Toyota, Lexus and of course other GM dealerships.

OP
OP
M

mpicasso

Reaction score
Both will serve you well in the comfort department.
Definitely looking forward to that!!!
There are a lot of these things sitting in parking garages all up and down the coast while their owners are up north. They turn them in with low miles and get another, they turn up at all kinds of big name dealerships like Toyota, Lexus and of course other GM dealerships.
Struggling to find many of them, though, not REGISTERED up N. Do not have the time/patience to continuously look at vehicles from the N, to see how much rust is involved because of salt.

Personal opinions - 2011 Escalade Premium, 134K miles, $17K vs 2013 Platinum Escalade, 113K miles, $25K.

Based on what I have read, the Platinum and newer style is worth the upgrade...but is it worth $8K, if everything else is comparable (accidents, service records, etc.)?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to that!!!

Struggling to find many of them, though, not REGISTERED up N. Do not have the time/patience to continuously look at vehicles from the N, to see how much rust is involved because of salt.

Personal opinions - 2011 Escalade Premium, 134K miles, $17K vs 2013 Platinum Escalade, 113K miles, $25K.

Based on what I have read, the Platinum and newer style is worth the upgrade...but is it worth $8K, if everything else is comparable (accidents, service records, etc.)?
Yes, it is 2 years newer and maybe a year or two less miles on it and it comes with improvements in the navigation unit/radio (although the maps cannot be updated anymore on either, the display is nicer) such as voice activated navigation commands and trailer sway control. No escalade has an integrated trailer brake controller but like all the others, the wiring for an aftermarket controller is under the dash. And finally, the Platinum has a much nicer interior, the Premium's seats are more like a Denali.

OP
OP
M

mpicasso

Reaction score
Yes, it is 2 years newer and maybe a year or two less miles on it and it comes with improvements in the navigation unit/radio (although the maps cannot be updated anymore on either, the display is nicer) such as voice activated navigation commands and trailer sway control. No escalade has an integrated trailer brake controller but like all the others, the wiring for an aftermarket controller is under the dash. And finally, the Platinum has a much nicer interior, the Premium's seats are more like a Denali.
Thanks for that! Had been leaning towards the Platinum but wanted confirmation that I was making the right choice. Now just need to get the deal done.

OP
OP
M

mpicasso

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a 2011 Escalade Platinum, 1-owner, 118K miles. Financed through DCU for 1.99%, dropped to 1.49% with direct deposit!!!
Thanks again! After I get it home and have my mechanic take a quick peek, will start look at what comes next...thinking exhaust, CAI, and then a tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC