Looking to buy an SUV...but which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
Great to know....thanks 'HiHoSilver.....so something with a rebuilt transmission or engine might be ok then, as long as it has the appropriate paperwork and warranty? If a car has a motor rebuilt does it mean the owner flogged it to death? Sorry, I don't know much about cars, my husband always did that stuff....so I am just learning as I go.:)

'Woodblocker55 ' I know what you mean...It's more for my little ones than anything else and just feeling safer in something built like a tank instead of a little Ford Focus.

I didn't know a boat engine could be put in a car! Wow

brasil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another issue should be the gas mileage. Chevys are the leader....Jeep /Dodge are the worst ones. I ve owned Ford Explorer six cyl. Jeep Cherokee six Cyl Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 ...and 3 Tahoes. every Tahoe out performed all of those. in every way... Best buy if you are in the market for SUVs.
My opinion

Greetings from Germany
Juergen

z71hotness

Reaction score
So coming from a 2006 Toyota Land cruiser, I love Toyota and this was my first Chevy, I work in the car business.

Having sold my LC and just picked up a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 clean title 150k super clean for 6k.

It definitely is a good buy, got tow package and 4x4, captain chairs, 3rd row, DVD for kids, bulletproof 5.3 V8.

It definitely is a great truck so far

00o0o_378VG4TjnyR_600x450.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Great to know....thanks 'HiHoSilver.....so something with a rebuilt transmission or engine might be ok then, as long as it has the appropriate paperwork and warranty? If a car has a motor rebuilt does it mean the owner flogged it to death? Sorry, I don't know much about cars, my husband always did that stuff....so I am just learning as I go.:)

'Woodblocker55 ' I know what you mean...It's more for my little ones than anything else and just feeling safer in something built like a tank instead of a little Ford Focus.

I didn't know a boat engine could be put in a car! Wow

A rebuilt engine is different than a rebuilt transmission, for sure.

An engine gets rebuilt if it got mistreated by someone, or they loved a vehicle enough and the body was in good enough shape to warrant it. Not necessarily a bad thing, but worth checking into a little.

A transmission gets rebuilt in these trucks because the engine and body are very capable of outliving the original.

Paperwork and warranties are good things to strive for in both situations.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe's and yukons with 200,000 just have the bugs worked out . And if you do maintenance and don't beat hell out of it you should get 300,000 miles .most of guys get tired of them before there wore out. I see a pattern where they get bit rust . Everyone stop doing maintenance .the Mom and Pop dealerships are loaded with them . So it's people's maintenance schedule that causes the most problems ..

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
spotted a hybrid with 290k (probably about 260k engine "on" miles) miles they wanted about 6k for it

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to guy at gas station 326,000 miles Yukon lx and he claimed he only had to change the transfer case . Because wife left in 4 wheel drive on freeway instead of 4x4 auto. It was rough looking but it was all there lol. Another guy had 275,000 miles and he said it's all about maintenance he seemed like a kinda guy that was a maintenance freak he started quoting when he changed the fluid in the transfer case rear end front end on and on. [emoji106][emoji15]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the 300,000 mile hybrids do burnouts?
Yes with it's a 6.0L engine.... 379 HP 472ftlb torque..

3 phase A/C motors are pretty reliable. it's industrial grade. motor aka 3 phase. it would put dealerships out of business because of no maintenance profits...

that is why the EV1 was KILLED and the VOLT was killed...

a lot of people seem to go on about 300-1000 miles per gallon on those

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
next you’re gonna be telling me they can synthisize fuel in a lab
Don't be silly.

corn can never ferment on it's own
Ethanol fuel is a lab based product.

it rarely happens naturally

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads