Looking into buying a used Yukon Denali XL, need input.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hcol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a big SUV for my growing family. I don't have much of a budget so I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck with this Yukon.

I've heard that they run good and have some first hand experience with Tahoe's/Yukon's. My dad had an 04 with the 5.3 and it ran to 300k miles and all he had to do was replace some gaskets and a transmission.

On to my question. I'm curious about the long term reliability of these Yukon's. The one that I'm looking at is AWD and has the 6.2L which I am largely unfamiliar with. It had a lot of maintenance done recently and that kind of drew me towards this one.

yukon.png

OP
OP
Hcol

Hcol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's in Oklahoma. It is rust free. Drives fantastic and has no concerning engine noise besides the classic Chevy lifter noise.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid 28 for my 2012 so I couldn't complain about 8500 even with the mileage it should get you down the road a while, did you get carfax on it to be sure it hasn't been a flood vehicle? I have read there are lot of them on the market recently.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems like a good price. Does the lifter noise go away after the engine is warmed up? If it does, then it's normal. When you start it up, does the rear air compressor come on for a few seconds, how do the rear air bladders on the rear shocks look, does the engine cooling fans come on when the A/C is on? Does the dash have any cracks? How do the trans cooler lines look? Do the suspension bushings and components look ok? These are a few things I can think of for you to check.

Honestly at that price, as long as there isn't rust holes, it's a steal.

OP
OP
Hcol

Hcol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm gonna pass on that one. He took pictures of the good parts of the car and just sent me pictures of the problems spots. Scuffs and clearcoat peeling. Hard pass

OP
OP
Hcol

Hcol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess I should have expected as much for $8500. Those pictures were really deceptive.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small world. This is funny as hell! This is my truck! I bought this truck with the transmission bad so I didn’t have to drive my Tahoe in the rain. My wife’s Suburban needed work done and my buddy at a Chevrolet dealership who does all my work on the side says get it to me and I will work it in the bay when I can. It’s takes a while sometimes to get my vehicle back. I don’t want to pay dealership prices and I didn’t have the time. So yes the story is true.

As far as the truck. Yeah it has clear coat peeling on the hood but the rest of the truck is in really great condition. I sent you one picture and you bailed. You NEVER saw the scuffs that I brought up to you. I’ve owned quite a few of these year model trucks and SUVs. You can find them all documented here. As far as any documentation that you find on here about my builds. I am very particular about what I buy. I know a good vehicle and I know what is junk. I do quality work with quality parts. I buy vehicles fix them up as I drive them. I look and buy a lot of vehicles and grew up in the car business. I am in no way being deceptive. I put my wife and 5 kids in the vehicle and turned them loose. After that I cleaned it up really well and didn’t want my kids trashing it anymore. That leaves us to where we are now. I don’t need the vehicle and it needs to go! I have two houses and need the money for a remodel to sell one of my houses.

b2a713a508064b6981b4a8e5c74eeb4b.jpg

BRING CASH AND MAKE ME AN OFFER. I was fourth coming with any issues and did not hesitate to send pictures of said imperfections. I could have let you come look at the truck and find out yourself. So be thankful I was true in my word and you didn’t waste your gas and time on driving to my location.

Oh by the way it just sold for $8,500
I’ll leave the link up for a little while.

c22c1820223e5822bffebf584b6b5d28.jpg

9fb6b2aa2202c0462d922995b77ea2bd.jpg

Here is the link
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/jenks-yukon-denali/6905587289.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: