looking for wiring diagrams crankshaft position sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iv Avila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time posting on here.

I have a 2007 chevy tahoe 5.3 vortec 156k+/-
truck having problems cranking. weak. getting codes for po335, po336
I replaced the crankshaft about 5 moths ago and was running fine. now I'm back at it again.
any suggestions?
I was hoping some on here has the wiring diagram for crankshaft position sensor to follow ground/signals and voltage.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

can the camshaft also be the problem????

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since the crankshaft replacement has a crankshaft position variation learn been done with a scan tool?

When you say "weak" does that mean that the engine cranks slowly, or something else?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're in the rust belt I have read of corrosion preventing the sensor from bottoming out correctly and the sensor not reporting accurately.

May not apply here, but just throwing this out there.

OP
OP
I

Iv Avila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since the crankshaft replacement has a crankshaft position variation learn been done with a scan tool?

When you say "weak" does that mean that the engine cranks slowly, or something else?

According to the shop I took it to it was.
Yes the engine cranks slowly. Fails to turn on the first time.
forgot to ask, would failing starter give you a crankshaft code?

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Iv Avila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're in the rust belt I have read of corrosion preventing the sensor from bottoming out correctly and the sensor not reporting accurately.

May not apply here, but just throwing this out there.
Thanks. there was corrosion around the sensor before being replaced but was cleaned off by mechanic.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time posting on here.

I have a 2007 chevy tahoe 5.3 vortec 156k+/-
truck having problems cranking. weak. getting codes for po335, po336
I replaced the crankshaft about 5 moths ago and was running fine. now I'm back at it again.
any suggestions?
I was hoping some on here has the wiring diagram for crankshaft position sensor to follow ground/signals and voltage.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

can the camshaft also be the problem????

I re-read your post...

I have a wiring diagram for an 04, that I can post tomorrow if I can remind myself. IDK if it's the same as a Gen IV engine though?

You replaced the crankshaft or crankshaft position sensor?

What are symptoms again? Not clear on that...weak cranking? Like it's slow to turn over before it fires?

Can the cam also be the problem? I guess that depends on your symptoms...may be more than one issue going on.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
According to the shop I took it to it was.
Yes the engine cranks slowly. Fails to turn on the first time.
forgot to ask, would failing starter give you a crankshaft code?

No, I wouldn't think a failing starter would set a crankshaft position sensor code.

Are you talking about the crankshaft itself, or the crankshaft position sensor? (as @strutaeng asked)

OP
OP
I

Iv Avila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me give you the history on the problem. Maybe that might help. Im a little desperate to find the problem that I just keep talking with out specific details that might be important. Unlike the past 2 weeks, today I woke up confident that I will find the problem soon lol.

Originally when I first got the CKP replaced, it was during winter time. Truck wouldn't start on the first try. It would turn slowly for a couple minutes then stop. May I add it was remote start. Then we would try again and same result. then you would get p0335,p0336 and the you would get all sort of light turn on. Stability track, check engine etc.
Then when it finally turned on the truck would run rough at idle. You would feel it shake bad. finally took it to a mechanic and he replaced the CKP and the truck would turn on just fine. It would still shake but never failed to turn on.(mechanic said he did the relearn process.)mechanic did say that I needed a new alternator and new battery so I got those replaced.

Im you typical DIY type of guy and have always liked working on trucks so after the mechanic returned the vehicle to me and was still shaking, I decided to upgrade my Scanner to an Autel Maxitpms TS900 and get to the bottom of it.
Found misfire in cylinders 1,7,and 3. Spark plugs had hairline cracks on them and two had a bad coil as well. Replaced parts and everything ran smooth after that. Felt like I was riding out of the dealership with a brand new vehicle. lol. Even the wife was surprised at how smooth the truck was.

Everything on the truck ran smooth for the past year until now. Same problem started again (remote start or not).
This time, my wife called me saying truck wouldn't start again and was turning slowly (cranking slowly). Then when it finally turned on the truck was shaking again and same cod4es and messages were given. the only difference is that when she came to a red light, The Rpms dropped to 0 and would not move . When light turned green and stepped on gas, the rpms rained at 0 but speed MPH would move as she accelerated. Truck would start moving and when she would hit 10mph the truck would jump/accelerate like the transmission did a late change of gears as if not getting the change of gears in time and was forced to do it. When she got home I told her to park truck until I got home. Again ,like I said, I scanned the truck and all I was getting was p0335,p0336. I really doubt sensor is bad but I don't know. It's a three wire sensor. I was thinking maybe there is a broken wire somewhere or is in bad condition but want to know where and how they run to the ecm. I saw the diagram Hobert found but want to know if that applies to a tahoe as well as it says NEW FULL SIZE C/K PICK UP. Colors are the same PU/WH,WH/BK,GY/BK.
The only difference is WH/BK and GY/BK are swapped in my case. I have GY/BK as the middle wire and not WH/BK.

Want to know what wire is what and what volts I should be reading on a multimeter.where they run to test the connector/wires and possibly ecm if the problem is there.

I have never touched or replaced the CAM Sensor that Is why I ask if maybe that might also be a problem but I would think I should be getting a code for it.

thanks again for taking the time reading this and trying to help me out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10