Looking for thoughts on a setup..........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, we're looking to do some small upgrades to our 2021 Yukon Denali.

Started off as just wanting to do a front level lift and some different tires. After reading and looking around this is what I'm leaning towards for a setup. Keep in mind, we do not want rims and tires sticking way out from the fenders and I'm not looking to put a big lift in either. Just something to raise it tick, change the stance a bit and add some new wheels . The other big thing is getting into a tire that will work for our winters here in ND, so I need a good snow and ice tire that also looks good.

Let me know your thoughts or what ya think........

As far as wheels, looking at going to a 20" and ditching the 22". So the wheels we are looking at are from XF Offroad and are a 20x9 with a +12 offset. From what I have come across it appears the stock 22" is a +28 offset. So nothing crazy but definitely a change.

Here are the wheels,

With regard to tires, I'm leaning towards the Toyo AT3 in a 285 / 60 r20. I have a set of these on a spare pickup of ours and they seem to be doing really well. They are wearing good, not loud and the compacted snow and ice traction is great!
Stock tires basically measure at about 32.8" tall and the 285 /60 r20 will measure at about 33.5" tall. Width wise, looks like going from about 10.8" to about 11.2" wide. So again, little taller and a little wider but not a ton.

For those not familiar with the Toyo AT3, here's some additional information,

Next would be the level lift. after looking around on here and on other sites I came across Traxda. What's kinda cool about this set up, is it is a 2" front and 1" rear combo. Personally I like the look of "almost level" in the front vs. the exact level or what sometimes happens, which is the nose high scenario, which I do not like at all! Here's a link to the Traxda kit.

I have looked online at a few different wheel / tire calculators and compared the stock set up to the above listed set up and I think I'm heading in the right direction? From what it looks like, I should obviously pick up a little height but also is should move the side wall of the tire out, just shy of an inch. Here's one of the calculators that I used.

So, let me know what ya think!?!?!?

Thanks guys!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rig!

One question…does it have air suspension or normal struts?

All your ideas sound great to me! Will be a great setup in my opinion.

Last year i did something along those lines with my wifes high country, but only went 1” up front and stock in the back…anymore than 1” higher up front and you will get the sagging ass look with these newer rigs (imo). We kept the stock 22’s and wrapped 305/45/22 toyo at3’s around them. It has been an excellent setup for her during winter months. Came from the nitto terra grappler g2’s (which i also highly recommend - phenomenal tire too), but these seem just as good for traction and wear.

1240C9F7-5063-4117-A2A4-3B82F0018356.jpeg

A5BF1F5F-9998-410D-A30D-AE4DE4A0A0EA.jpeg

71EE319B-C52C-4517-BDC3-21624DF818F1.jpeg

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic…but what is the badge on the pillar between the rear windows?
First off thanks for the info in the previous post!! It's funny you mention the Nitto's......that was on my list as well!! I would agree with getting the front too high, that's why I was looking at doing a little in the rear as well.

As far as the badge, it's a small black and stainless "6.2L" emblem. I came across them a while back and had them on the previous Eski and Denali. Something a little different that makes you look and I guess it worked again!! LOL

And forgot to mention, NON air suspension. I initially thought the air suspension would be the way to go but after doing some research, talking to the service guy I know and a couple mechanics, I thought I would pass. Especially with our cold winters, I didn't want to deal with possible issues.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, I also did white carbon fiber wrapped front and rear GMC emblems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im diggin’ the gmc logos for sure!

Yea, the nittos were fantastic tires. Had them on her last denali in the factory 285/45/22 size. Worked very well in our northern michigan winters, and with over 60,000 miles on them they were still working well and i actually sold them for money haaaaaaaaaa

The main reason i switched from the nittos was because they were on national backorder at the time of ordering new tires. However, dont regret it…the toyos are great too.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How will your suspension plans effect the warranty? That will be important, moving forward.

All the other Denali's and Escalades that we have had in the past with almost the same setup has never affected warranty.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Does not mean that it would not now. Things change. Manufacturers get pickier. If you are confident, then you should have no trouble asking them and getting ok in writing.

You are gonna do what you are gonna do but I like to cover my bases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts