Looking for recommendation on 10" sub replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an MTX Thunderform installed right now, powered by a Cobalt 500.1 amp. I was looking for some recommendations on a sub to drop in place of it.

Specs as far as the box is concerned are .75cf, top mount depth of 4 5/8, sub handles 225w RMS. The amp is rated at 175w mono @ 4Ohms, 250w mono @ 2Ohms.

I know I'm probably pigeon holed here with the box, but was hoping someone here could recommend a good replacement. I thought someone recommended a Kicker sub, but couldn't find anything in a search.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn the v2 were 4.5 or 4.75 mounting depth, but you are right, they were 5.5.

blaupunkt shallow 10, but you give up a lot of output compared to a normal sub. I used one to replace the factory sub in a Jag a few years back.

sadly the thin subs are generally not Small enclosure subs. The box would be a little small for the kicker shallow 10.

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Rf p3 matches your specs as well.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Pioneer Premier shallows are actually one of the best shallows out there!

RE Slims are worth a gander also.

Most subs with a stamped or classic basket are gonna work in there. Beyond that you start running into top and bottom plates that add to depth in a hurry.

You'll find yourself in a lower breed of woofer or a nicely designed shallow.

MDMILL1

Reaction score
it was the Kicker CVT 10", slim mount.

+1 on the cvt 10 shallow mount I have one powered by jl 500.1 and it sounds great. I have done the 15's 12's and 10's in different cars. I really surprise a lot of people when they find out I only have 1 10 in there. Most don't believe me until I show them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekrcannon