Looking for help with a part for 2012 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBRIAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the rear access panel of my truck it’s where you store jumper cables or something similar. The door is fine but both of the turn locks are busted. I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Can someone please help?

image.jpg DCFBCB8A-EDCA-446B-B159-A2A5B710D85A.jpeg image.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Post the last 8 digits of your VIN number and hopefully @915_Tahoe will see it and look it all up. May have to get the complete panel.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
This is the rear access panel of my truck it’s where you store jumper cables or something similar. The door is fine but both of the turn locks are busted. I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Can someone please help?

View attachment 276402 View attachment 276407 View attachment 276408

Here it is (#11 in diagram)...

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-201...3l-v8-flex/body--interior-trim-quarter-panels

or directly here...

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-door-15838409?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9aW50ZXJpb3ItdHJpbS1xdWFydGVyLXBhbmVscyZsPTIwJm49QXNzZW1ibGllcyBQYWdlJmE9Y2hldnJvbGV0Jm89c3VidXJiYW4tMTUwMCZ5PTIwMTImdD1sdCZlPTUtM2wtdjgtZmxleA==

Edit:
Oops...just noticed the only color they have in stock is Ebony (P/N 15838409).

So this won’t work!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That storage compartment is useless anyway it wont hold anything, maybe some paper, you are better off just using the space up on top where the jack is stored I keep all kinds of crap in there.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It should be the same part as the Yukon XL and looks identical to the black one in our old 08 Yuke XL.

Definitely not useless. That’s where you stow your emergency blanket + tarp, flashlight, gloves and copies of Ppwk for warranty on parts that have lifetime guarantees as well as the storage bag for your (filthy) flat tire after the spare is installed.

Whether or not you have to change the tire or crawl under the truck for some reason, you won’t regret having a blanket and tarp to put over snow/mud. Knowing you’ve got a powerful led flashlight to pack it all in a huge bag made just for spare tires and the muddy blanket and tarp can go in is a huge time saver.

If you’ve had to use the factory jack or just had to deal with stowing a flat, you know you want to bug out fast and with zero effort. I’m sure you also know how easy it is to get a new battery or water pump replaced on warranty while out of town if you have a copy of the original Ppwk.

Anyone ever try to orientate the factory jack back In its original position? It’s a joke and I promise it’s better to simply bag up all the jack parts and look it up online later. BTW, has anybody ever checked to see if your factory jack or wrench is actually stowed in that spot ... LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be the same part as the Yukon XL and looks identical to the black one in our old 08 Yuke XL.

Definitely not useless. That’s where you stow your emergency blanket + tarp, flashlight, gloves and copies of Ppwk for warranty on parts that have lifetime guarantees as well as the storage bag for your (filthy) flat tire after the spare is installed.

Whether or not you have to change the tire or crawl under the truck for some reason, you won’t regret having a blanket and tarp to put over snow/mud. Knowing you’ve got a powerful led flashlight to pack it all in a huge bag made just for spare tires and the muddy blanket and tarp can go in is a huge time saver.

If you’ve had to use the factory jack or just had to deal with stowing a flat, you know you want to bug out fast and with zero effort. I’m sure you also know how easy it is to get a new battery or water pump replaced on warranty while out of town if you have a copy of the original Ppwk.

Anyone ever try to orientate the factory jack back In its original position? It’s a joke and I promise it’s better to simply bag up all the jack parts and look it up online later. BTW, has anybody ever checked to see if your factory jack or wrench is actually stowed in that spot ... LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine didn't come with any jacking tools so I bought them off ebay and yes, we take them out to drop the hoist twice a year and put them back where they belong.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I orderd mine off of I think- it was about 24$.
Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal15838409Door - Driver's Side (LH)$9.181$9.18

Newgmparts.com