Looking for headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dahoe06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m trying to find headlights for my 06 Tahoe that have clear bottom lights, I think they’re called bumper lights, but I can’t find them anywhere. Anybody know where I can find some that look good and aren’t too expensive (so maybe around 80-100 bucks) thanks!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally gobs of choices at Amazon.
True, but they typically don't have the recommendations of users from this forum, whose opinions can be respected far above the Amazon ratings -- at least in my opinion. The added benefit to asking in our forum is that users here may have already done the modification and we could see pictures of their work. And who doesn't like to look at other people's trucks? I'm thinking any excuse to do that is a good one.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You are right and others will chime in with pics.

You asked for a specific type and I did not see where you said you had looked and could not find ANY.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right and others will chime in with pics.

You asked for a specific type and I did not see where you said you had looked and could not find ANY.
was actually his second sentence pnw vietvet where op said i cant find them anywhere.
anyway to the op rockauto and brand anzo. i have the clear lense black housing for my 97. for your 06 they come separately. you have to buy the headlights and go down to down and also buy the parking turn signal housing. regular ones will be listed at the top of the drop down better style ones will be listed below. spyder has a matching set but any ive used in the past dont hold up very long.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
was actually his second sentence pnw vietvet where op said i cant find them anywhere.
anyway to the op rockauto and brand anzo. i have the clear lense black housing for my 97. for your 06 they come separately. you have to buy the headlights and go down to down and also buy the parking turn signal housing. regular ones will be listed at the top of the drop down better style ones will be listed below. spyder has a matching set but any ive used in the past dont hold up very long.
I've found that the aftermarket headlights aren't sealed very well--they constantly fog and leak. I just run a thin bead of silicone around the entire back edge of the lights--where both pieces are joined together--along with some dialectic grease on the gasket where the bulb is. I've had my current aftermarket headlights for over 3 years, and have had 0 issues with water intrusion.

OP
OP
Dahoe06

Dahoe06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found some on eBay I think will work, seller has good ratings and they’re not too expensive. I’ll post a pic when they’re installed haha

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I like the look of clear marker lamp housings, I went back to OEM style due to poor fitment and trying to have to modify them to get them to stay in. It would annoy the crap out me to have to reinstall in a parking lot after they fell out. Fogging issues arent much of a problem in AZ. It still happens from washing and such, but not prevalent like wetter climates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons