Looking for a little advice ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a little advice or insight on something. I currently have a 2017 Yukon Denali / completely loaded with 36k on the clock. It's been a great vehicle but we have been "kinda" thinking....."maybe" a guy should upgrade???? Now I know wait times are crazy now and there's not much for "deals" out there but I know good used vehicles are bringing decent money too. I also don't "need" a direct replacement and can wait for a vehicle as we have an extra vehicle for my wife to drive.

So, first question.........Should a guy keep looking into a new 2022? or say screw it and wait for a 2023 or 2024???

Second question..........What do you guys think a 2017 with the following would be worth and would there be any interest here from anyone???

2017, Denali / ultimate package / loaded with everything
SUPER CLEAN!!!!!
36K on the clock
Brand new 305 / Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Level lift
Tinted windows all around
Clear rock guard across the bottom of the rocker panels and on the door edges
Brake caliper covers
Aero skin on the hood
Mud flaps front and rear
Weathertech floor mats front and rear
Ceramic coat on the paint
It's been babied and is seriously like new!!!

Anyways, thanks guys and any input or thoughts is appreciated! Or....if you're interested in an awesome 2017 let me know!!

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different variables come into play like location and demand. I would try Carmax, Carvanna, Vroom, you can also check KBB and NADA. I think the new ones have been out long enough to work the bugs out and with the used car prices If you want a new one then go for it if you can find one. Its anybodys guess right now how long it would take to order one and actually receive it. Good luck with your decision.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm someone who says "why wait?" And if you're going to wait for MY 2023/2024, maybe you should wait for the redesign that will come out in 2025/2026. Just kidding, of course, but point being, one could wait forever.

As for value, like Tahoe14 mentioned, location matters. Your truck here in NOVA would trade around $50k to $51k. YMMV. You've also listed some nice mods, but if you trade it, don't expect to get much for those items, if anything. Selling privately to someone who appreciates your add ons would yield the best return.

Nice truck, BTW! Good luck!

Matt1t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would certainly look at Carvana for the trade in. Carvana gave me 3k more for my LR4 compaired to Carmax. This was a straight trade in with no purchase. Nice looking truck.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would certainly look at Carvana for the trade in. Carvana gave me 3k more for my LR4 compaired to Carmax. This was a straight trade in with no purchase. Nice looking truck.
Are you talking a "trade" with Carvana or a buy out from Carvana? Just for kicks I did a buy out inquiry from Carvana and they were on crack with the low ball offer! LOL

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a little advice or insight on something. I currently have a 2017 Yukon Denali / completely loaded with 36k on the clock. It's been a great vehicle but we have been "kinda" thinking....."maybe" a guy should upgrade???? Now I know wait times are crazy now and there's not much for "deals" out there but I know good used vehicles are bringing decent money too. I also don't "need" a direct replacement and can wait for a vehicle as we have an extra vehicle for my wife to drive.

So, first question.........Should a guy keep looking into a new 2022? or say screw it and wait for a 2023 or 2024???

Second question..........What do you guys think a 2017 with the following would be worth and would there be any interest here from anyone???

2017, Denali / ultimate package / loaded with everything
SUPER CLEAN!!!!!
36K on the clock
Brand new 305 / Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Level lift
Tinted windows all around
Clear rock guard across the bottom of the rocker panels and on the door edges
Brake caliper covers
Aero skin on the hood
Mud flaps front and rear
Weathertech floor mats front and rear
Ceramic coat on the paint
It's been babied and is seriously like new!!!

Anyways, thanks guys and any input or thoughts is appreciated! Or....if you're interested in an awesome 2017 let me know!!
I'd hang on to it for a couple years, everything in the market will change...

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have got transmission flush and new type fluid installed and aren't having trans problem I would keep the new ones don't have all options because of chip problem. if out of 5year powertrain warrant selling to dealer or trading will be a little lower. In our state if you trade the value of traded vehicle is taken of purchase of new vehicle for how much state sales tax you pay if you sell private that money doesn't come off purchase price of new vehicle, so you pay sales tax on complete negotiated price.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man... Ive had a few of the NNBS and this is my first K2 that I got last september... The 6 speed from your 4 speed is the large upgrade, honestly after having a 6.2 and going to the 5.3 DI motor, its pretty comparable. I think the market will shift in a few months.. But the market will never tank like before the shortages... The value of a dollar is lower so prices will be higher. I remember when you could get a 2 year old esky for less than half price with under 40k on the odo. Times like that are gone Im afraid. So I will say this... If you need 4wd then get 4wd... if you need 6.2L then get it, if you dont, save the extra dollar a gallon right now and get a 5.3L.

End of the day the features are nice, the seats are decent, I miss the NNBS seat for road trips... Handling, is better on the K2... And the ride is more plush on the NNBS...

If you want to look at the 21 and up... I dont have any info on that, but I can say that if you tow, i would suggest steering clear of them due to their squatting butt with a load... And ground clearance in the rear is drastically reduced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu