Looking for a gm tech 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mornsun-DI...Converter-isolated-single-output/132482004168

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mornsun-VR...erter-isolated-single-output-DIP/222346824717

Probably the same people, same price and pics. I always do a fresh search right before purchase.

One of the guys on here bought one from this link a few days ago:

http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholes...el-suzuki-isuzu-holden-with-full-package.html

@Big Mama bought one late last year and so did @shreksbrother among others.

This! ^^^^

Think I will get one too, so the kit from chinacardiags has everything I would need?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In post #12 of this thread, @swathdiver post two links. It's for the internal circuit board DC converter.

My Tech 2 came with an external DC cigar lighter adapter, battery clips, and an AC adapter, and I don't envision having to change out the internal converter any time soon. I'll just direct connect to a battery or plug it into an AC outlet.
the only way to prevent the power issue during a ignition cycle it to plug in a separate dc power, even using the on board cigarette power port does not prevent it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe that DC power port is switched, or maybe the voltage drops when the ignition is off. That's why I'd use a direct battery connection, a separate battery, or the AC adapter that I got with the unit.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy to report that I purchased a clone over a year ago and it works flawlessly. I purchased the package that came with everything minus the case. Came with all of the adapters and so on. I have access to many techs at multiple dealerships and we compared this to a real Tech2. Not only is the software up to date and correct but they couldn't tell the difference between the 2! Good thing about the software is that these things are no longer supported so there most likely will never be a newer version of software to install. On the tis2000 side....I also purchased a brand new Dell Xp laptop for $45 a few years ago! Have tis installed and have the serial / obd2 cable. Between the 2 you can do some really cool troubleshooting.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy to report that I purchased a clone over a year ago and it works flawlessly. I purchased the package that came with everything minus the case. Came with all of the adapters and so on. I have access to many techs at multiple dealerships and we compared this to a real Tech2. Not only is the software up to date and correct but they couldn't tell the difference between the 2! Good thing about the software is that these things are no longer supported so there most likely will never be a newer version of software to install. On the tis2000 side....I also purchased a brand new Dell Xp laptop for $45 a few years ago! Have tis installed and have the serial / obd2 cable. Between the 2 you can do some really cool troubleshooting.

Great to hear Matt. I was able to compare mine to a 2010 and noticed no difference in function save for the power supply which we have since learned can be remedied easily enough.

Nash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a Tech 2 from Chinacardiags and it came with a bad screen. They never replaced it . Just hope you get a unit that doesn't have problems.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Tech 2 from Chinacardiags and it came with a bad screen. They never replaced it . Just hope you get a unit that doesn't have problems.
this is part of why I purchased mine from a seller in the USA much easier to return it if there had been any issue.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did we speak about this before? Have you tried to fix it? What was the screen doing, if anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255