Look what I got!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
l_077761a285394f948c74d2b2db7e7ce9.jpg

PowerSlot rotors
Hawk LTS brake pads
Russell stainless steel brake lines

Also got re-manufactured calipers that I will be painting black..maybe gloss black. So this is what I will be doing this Christmas. Will hopefully do the rears a week after I get this out the way.

OP
OP
haks310

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
SummitRacing. $318 shipped.

ReMan calipers were $18 each after the core return, plus a can of black nd clear paint for $16

So $360 total to upgrade the front brakes.

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Awesome! Nice looking rotors!!

Let us know how they work, im not too happy with my brakeing system even after new pads.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Nice looking rotors!!

Let us know how they work, im not too happy with my brakeing system even after new pads.

same here i have had to take the median twice cause idiots not paying atention and then im stuck in a big SUV that doesnt want to stop like all these little acuras and hondas and what not

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

oh by the way there is a anti lock brake fuse you should make sure isnt blown its important

OP
OP
haks310

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll make sure to take pictures and add them to, RMM's write up in the tech section.

A lot of guys over at FSC run the PoweSlot/Hawk combo and are very happy with it. Read a lot of reviews on both and didn't see anyone complain either. The stainless steel brake lines are suppose to help the brake pedal feel also. The OE rubber lines bulge when pressure is applied, these SS shouldn't, if any.

Going to prep the calipers right now so I can shoot them tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

And as far as the ABS brake fuse, it was pulled out a while back.

OP
OP
haks310

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah i looked at the drilled ones but just everyone said not to go with them. Reason being, over time the drilled holes will develop stress cracks which will just end up breaking the rotor or warping it. Slotted offer just about the same advantages a drilled rotor would without the worry of cracking. Slots let gases, dust and water out improving brake performance.

I mean if it was a show truck that didn't see much, if any driving I would go with cross drilled just for aesthetic reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jr9688

Latest posts