Look to join the family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kunze12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not a fan of red or the Yukon front end (looks like an oversized mini van to me) but the NON AFM 6.2L is hard to argue with.

As far as electronic ride control... just listen for the air compressor to turn on for a few seconds after start up. It should turn on for a few seconds then shut off. If you hear it running more frequently then there is a leak in the system somewhere, most likely the shocks. Not a deal breaker either way.

Where is the compressor located so I can focus on that area? Does it come on only at startup or will it turn on when ignition is turned to ACC?

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the compressor located so I can focus on that area? Does it come on only at startup or will it turn on when ignition is turned to ACC?
Behind the driver rear wheel.
787ae968138dea7344f465a1f947e1e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all I can add is that at 80k expect that there will be some upcoming maintenance, shocks/air pump, fluids need to be flushed (all of them), BUY the powertrain warranty. price on either one seems pretty fair just buy the powertrain warranty so there is no surprises. that's my advice. lots of knowledge around here any issue's crop up just ask.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you turn the key to start (not actually starting the truck) wait 4--5 seconds then you should hear the pump kick on for about 4 seconds it is right by the gas tank filler, you will be able to hear it from the front seat with the door open it's not real quiet.

OP
OP
K

Kunze12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
all I can add is that at 80k expect that there will be some upcoming maintenance, shocks/air pump, fluids need to be flushed (all of them), BUY the powertrain warranty. price on either one seems pretty fair just buy the powertrain warranty so there is no surprises. that's my advice. lots of knowledge around here any issue's crop up just ask.

I am ready to tackle fluid changes and what not. I take care of most of my own vehicles maintenance and repairs so I will check and change fluids as needed.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The red one (09) also still have the buttons in the overhead console to fold the second row seats, it has the front door panels that don't break like I hear the owners of 2010+ models have, and the 09 doesn't yet have the active noise cancellation mics in the headliner so that makes adding a subwoofer easier if that's your thing. The biggest plus is not having AFM on the 09. The only thing you miss out on the 10' and up is the upgraded nav system and usb ports.

OP
OP
K

Kunze12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went to look at the red one. Sadly, it has rust issues starting so we will not be getting that one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kunze12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The black one was beat up also. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk