Want to make sure I’m on the right track..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juiced325

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to start by saying I’m green as grass when it comes to the suv game, as I’ve never owned one. My current ride is a 2012 Sierra 1500, 5.3, 6L80e, 3.73 gears, dod/vvt delete, 231/242 .617"/.592" 112 cam, yank ss4000 stall, belltech 3/5, etc. So I’m fairly familiar with the 07-13 generation of GM performance and I’ve compiled a list of parts for the Tahoe I’ll be shopping for this coming spring, but want some input and advice to make sure I’m on the right path. After building my truck over the last 4 years, looking back on it there’s quite a few things I would have done differently so might as well do it right the first time around this time haha.

Current choice in my head is a 2010-2014 PPV Tahoe, both for the look and the price, and I’ve already got the afm delete parts and 6L80 converter it seems to be at the top of my list.

Truck spun a rod bearing earlier this year and I’ve gotten kind of bored with it so I’m stuffing a stock 5.3 back into it to sell, meaning the afm delete, converter, etc are all available for the Tahoe.

Anyways I’m rambling at this point so here’s my thoughts for the parts list, let me know if you guys think there’s anything you’d recommend or disagree with, thanks!

-Gen 4 6.0
-BTR stage 3 truck cam
-Yank ss4000
-4.10 gears
-Truetrac
-2/3 or 2/4 drop
-17” cragar soft 8’s
-msd 2step
-trucool 40k
-speed engineering 1-3/4” longtubes
-speed engineering catless Y
-stock muffler or Borla xr-1
-new cam, main, rod bearings
-new piston rings
-same springs and pushrods out of my 5.3

Looking forward to hearing y’all’s thoughts, thanks guys!

kory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan