Look to join the family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your cooled seats come on with your remote start on hot days? I got my 09 LTZ last summer and I SWEAR the cooled seats came on when I remote started it. They do not come on this summer and before I try and really dig into the issue, I want to make sure it even did it in the first place, haha. I have scanned for any codes and nothing is there.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your cooled seats come on with your remote start on hot days? I got my 09 LTZ last summer and I SWEAR the cooled seats came on when I remote started it. They do not come on this summer and before I try and really dig into the issue, I want to make sure it even did it in the first place, haha. I have scanned for any codes and nothing is there.

The seat heater comes on during a remote start on colder days (what temperature?) and will shut off when the key is turned to on/run. Have to have Auto AC which I know you do. So if you remote start on a cold day and open the door, the heater for the seats should be on until you put the key in and turn the truck on. Now to find out at what temperature it starts to work at!

Ok, found it! 49 degrees; has to be below 50 for the heated seats to work with remote start.

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seat heater comes on during a remote start on colder days (what temperature?) and will shut off when the key is turned to on/run. Have to have Auto AC which I know you do. So if you remote start on a cold day and open the door, the heater for the seats should be on until you put the key in and turn the truck on. Now to find out at what temperature it starts to work at!

Ok, found it! 49 degrees; has to be below 50 for the heated seats to work with remote start.

Yeah, the cold days the heated seats were on with remote then shut off with the key on, but last summer on hot days, the a/c seats would turn on with remote and shut off with key on. This summer on hot days, the a/c seats don't come on with remote start, but the HVAC does come on with remote .

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the cold days the heated seats were on with remote then shut off with the key on, but last summer on hot days, the a/c seats would turn on with remote and shut off with key on. This summer on hot days, the a/c seats don't come on with remote start, but the HVAC does come on with remote .

The cooled seats would come at temperatures above 86 degrees if I read the manual right!

I see Keith has a heated steering wheel too, lucky dog! Only the Chevy has a heated wheel without wood.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been 90+ everyday where I am in Colorado, so the cooled seats should be coming on with the remote then, and I'm not crazy, lol. They work perfectly fine when I'm in it with the key on and I turn it on, it freezes my bum. I don't know what to do from this point to figure it out, unless it's a BCM thing

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been 90+ everyday where I am in Colorado, so the cooled seats should be coming on with the remote then, and I'm not crazy, lol. They work perfectly fine when I'm in it with the key on and I turn it on, it freezes my bum. I don't know what to do from this point to figure it out, unless it's a BCM thing

Are they turned on and then saved to memory? Is the ambient temperature sensor showing above 86 degrees? You have a Tech2, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts