Long term owners of BlackBear Autocal tunes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Log and tune file question.
When I did my data log and tune file retrieval today I didn’t have enough room on the autocal for all three files. My log was about 40 minutes long. That plus the E 38_6spd filled the autocal and I couldn't pull the trans file. I had to transfer the files onto my PC first and then go back fir the trans file. Normal?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Log and tune file question.
When I did my data log and tune file retrieval today I didn’t have enough room on the autocal for all three files. My log was about 40 minutes long. That plus the E 38_6spd filled the autocal and I couldn't pull the trans file. I had to transfer the files onto my PC first and then go back fir the trans file. Normal?
Yes. The Autocal is just needed for temporarily holding the files so you can transfer them to or from your truck or pc. It doesn’t have much memory. The folder on your pc to hold the files is important because of this. There’s lots of room there.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes. The Autocal is just needed for temporarily holding the files so you can transfer them to or from your truck or pc. It doesn’t have much memory. The folder on your pc to hold the files is important because of this. There’s lots of room there.
Understood. I was just surprised it wouldn’t hold the log and two tune files at the same time. Kindof freaked me out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understood. I was just surprised it wouldn’t hold the log and two tune files at the same time. Kindof freaked me out.
I forgot- did you buy your Autocal used? If so, it might have other tune files or log files still on it from the PO which should be removed.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I forgot- did you buy your Autocal used? If so, it might have other tune files or log files still on it from the PO which should be removed.
I did buy it used but I erased all the tune and log files that were on it when I checked the firmware and formatting. After I removed my files the storage indicated it was empty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645