Long term owners of BlackBear Autocal tunes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much for a tune for a 2013 Tahoe would tune

How much for a tune for a 2013 Tahoe?
We would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal V3, its a handheld device that will allow us to see your vehicle data and provide all the tuning via email. The hardware, custom tune and license, plus free tune updates for a year would be $649.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Has anyone explored using EFI live for DIY tuning? Can you use any of the hardware or software that was supplied with the BBP tune? Can the autocal be used to deliver DIY tunes or is it all locked down?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone explored using EFI live for DIY tuning? Can you use any of the hardware or software that was supplied with the BBP tune? Can the autocal be used to deliver DIY tunes or is it all locked down?
Yep. You need an additional device from EFILive called a FlashScan to save tune files with the EFILive software. Without it, the software remains in demo mode.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep. You need an additional device from EFILive called a FlashScan to save tune files with the EFILive software. Without it, the software remains in demo mode.

Ok, and that replaces the Autocal. So the autocal is just used to flash files to the vehicle.

Looks like HP Tuners is a better bet...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For DIY, I think so. EFIlive is really designed around a business model for professional tuners and their customers.
Agreed. When I decided it was time to tweak my tunes myself I decided on HPT. EFI Live is difficult for someone learning and HPT has much better peer help. You can modify your Blackbear tune with it by downloading the existing tune you have loaded in your vehicle and then making a copy of that you can then modify. That way worst case scenario, you still have your original as a backup. You can’t take the actual tune files BB sends you and modify them though, the file format is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne