Lockpick or Nav-TV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between the two? Does one have more options than the other? I saw most people here use Lockpick but the installer I went to said he will be using Nav-TV. I found a Lockpick on ebay for $319 and a Nav-TV Barracuda for $299. Is that the going rate or can I expect to pay more at my installer? B/c if he charges me say $400, I'd rather just buy it off ebay and bring it to him to install.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He might charge you $400 for the unit installed, or if you buy your own unit (for $300), he'll charge you $100 to put it in.

Also, will he give you a warranty with him installing your unit?

I'd find out exactly what the charges are for first.

For example:

If you brought me something to install, I'd charge you (say $50) to install it. If it goes bad or isn't working right, it's up to you to get your product fixed. If that means I need to pull it back out, that's another $50. Once you get the good unit back, and I need to install it, that's another $50.

However, if you buy the unit from me, I'll make sure it right for $400. That means I'll install it and/or swap it out as many times as needed to get a good unit working in your truck for that $400

See what I'm saying?

Lenny@NAVTV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is Lenny from NAV_TV - This conversation came through my feed and I would like to extend a warm hello from all of us at NAV-TV.

To answer your Question -

"Is there any difference between the two? Does one have more options than the other? I saw most people here use Lockpick but the installer I went to said he will be using Nav-TV. I found a Lockpick on ebay for $319 and a Nav-TV Barracuda for $299. Is that the going rate or can I expect to pay more at my installer? B/c if he charges me say $400, I'd rather just buy it off ebay and bring it to him to install."

The NAV-TV Barracuda WILL always be $299 Retail - It is a Plug and Play Module and should take no more than 1-2 hours to install. The Barracuda is Made In America vs the Locpic as it is Mexican Manufactured...

As the Industry Leaders since 1999, NAV-TV is here for you Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm EST and in many occasions our Tech Guru, Tony Y. stays till 8pm EST helping our friends on the West Coast.

A lot of the complaints I have read online, is that these Ebay Sellers are not there for their clients and worst yet, will sell you a Module that does not fit or work in your car.

If you would like to order one, I can offer you 15% Off today - Call me 561 955 9770 ext 119 -

Thanks and Have a Great Friday ~

Lenny from NAV-TV

OuPhiDelt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lenny,

Does the NAV-TV unit allow the Nav system to function and track correctly while the Video function is being used?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He might charge you $400 for the unit installed, or if you buy your own unit (for $300), he'll charge you $100 to put it in.

Also, will he give you a warranty with him installing your unit?

I'd find out exactly what the charges are for first.

For example:

If you brought me something to install, I'd charge you (say $50) to install it. If it goes bad or isn't working right, it's up to you to get your product fixed. If that means I need to pull it back out, that's another $50. Once you get the good unit back, and I need to install it, that's another $50.

However, if you buy the unit from me, I'll make sure it right for $400. That means I'll install it and/or swap it out as many times as needed to get a good unit working in your truck for that $400

See what I'm saying?

Yea I had to go through that. I bought the Lockpick online from amazon and got it installed for $60. After a few weeks it broke and I went through hell and back to get a new one. Had to get it uninstalled for another $30. So it was $90 total just bc it broke on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660