Loaded '14 tahoe vs base 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chartersj

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys! Yeah i am starting to lean more toward the new body style. And that is a good idea to add leather...those seats look awesome. We really want leather as this is going to be the wifes rig to haul kids. I cant get over the price of tahoes/yukons here in Canada...$70k plus taxes for a new tahoe LT....

OP
OP
C

chartersj

Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on rental vehicles? All i can find for used is 2015 yukon sle's with 60k on them for $45k ish...Everything else here in canada is well over $60k used...

OP
OP
C

chartersj

Reaction score
I dont want to go with a lambda model but they are a lot more affordable..

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on rental vehicles? All i can find for used is 2015 yukon sle's with 60k on them for $45k ish...Everything else here in canada is well over $60k used...
I personally steer away from purchasing rental or fleet vehicles. Most of the time they are not treated real well because most people have the attitude of "it's not my vehicle so who cares".

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score

I purchased a brand new Yukon XL SLE for that price. Shop around online, you may find a 15 still on a dealer lot heavily reduced.

Personally, I would never buy a rental. I know I best the snot out of those when I have one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I'm glad I don't live in Canada, those prices are insane!

Side note, I'd personally go with the newer body style as it will hold it's value a little better. Ha! Funny joke I know, as it IS a GM and will tank in value regardless, but still. That's the reason I went with a Luxury 2015 Escalade instead of a Platinum 2014 Escalade for the same price.

Honestly though with Tahoes I kind of prefer the previous gen. Especially in LTZ trim...

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will argue that rental vehicles are typically in better shape or better maintained than their privately-owned counterparts, but there are a LOT of vehicles that started life as rental rockets and have been great, reliable cars to the people who bought them afterwards.

Also, if you're going to buy a rental vehicle, a $50k SUV is probably the one to buy. It's almost a guarantee that it's been rented by fewer abusive morons and will be much less abused than a rental Impala.

Maybe keep an eye out for a corporate vehicle? Somebody's company-owned daily driver or transportation for the company's employees. These tend to be cheaper because they weren't personal vehicles, but are also usually in better shape because you don't have the "F*ck it, it's just a rental!" people behind the wheel.

OP
OP
C

chartersj

Reaction score
Yeah i do agree with most have the "not mine" attitude with rentals. But aside from regular drivetrain parts (ball-joints,tie-rod ends) , if the truck is still solid feeling there wouldnt be much else to worry about would there? The dealership i bought my new silverado from, who i put a bug in his ear about looking for a suv, just contacted me yesterday that he was getting a 2013 tahoe hybrid with 65000kms and they are going to want $47000 plus tax for it!!!! absolutely insane...

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a believer in "Maintenance and condition over everything," whether that be mileage, rental history, or whatever. If you find a good deal on a rig you like and it turns out to be an ex-rental, still go look at it and drive it.

Spend a little extra time with it and look closely at the body panels while it's clean. Don't go when it's raining or dark outside and make them wash it if it's dirty. Rental companies often use the cheapest (read: worst) labor possible to do body work, so it's usually pretty easy to spot a repair/respray when the car is clean.

If all the panels are straight with matching paint and it drives fine, I'd say you don't have too much to worry about.

I work at a dealership where probably 75% of our inventory is ex-rentals, so I have plenty of experience with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts