Loaded '14 tahoe vs base 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chartersj

Reaction score
New member here, I have been on the hunt for a second hand tahoe. For the price range I am looking at i can afford either a loaded (ltz-slt) 2014-, or a base 2015 model. I have heard a few complaints on the early 2015's and the older 2014's seem to be pretty well sorted out. Which would you recommend?

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best one you can afford. It really boils down to individual vehicles, and which style you prefer, and what options you just can't live without.

I'm not sure you would end up happy stereotyping one style of vehicle vs another style of vehicle.

Do first model year vehicles have issues? Sure. But so do last model year vehicles.

As stated above, you need to settle on your priorities and then find the best one you like and you can afford that has what you want.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want something more car like get the 15. If you want something more truck like get the 14.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's me in this situation I get the loaded '14. I don't like base model vehicles (resale value sucks, no options (obviously) and just blah) and there's been a LOT of issues with the newest SUV platform that is still getting sorted out.

Just my .02 cents.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had this discussion when we got our '15. We went with the new body style because we liked the interior better, more comfortable for us. We also liked the foldaway 3rd row instead of the '14 style 3rd row. But we were lucky enough to be able to afford the features that we really wanted. Otherwise, I generally agree that I would get a loaded older model instead of a new base model. But I think the interior is different enough it's worth mentioning.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I didnt trade my 2014 for a 2016. My 2014 Tahoe ran awesome!!!!!!!

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
I went through the same thing and bought a 15' Yukon XL. To me, having a new vehicle with warranty was more important than the extra features in the 14s. Plus I had already owned an 08 in that body style before the Infinity QX80 I traded in on the 15. It boils down to what you value more, new vehicle or extra features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 LS (base model) and love it. Well, less the iO3 crappy infotainment system which was awful! (I ditched my factory system for an aftermarket.)

Here's one thing to take into consideration... I'm averaging 24 MPG's in my daily commutes. I have a coworker who has a '14 MY and she's getting 13 MPG's. I'm sure our driving habits are different, and there's a ton that goes into MPG, so I won't even try to go there, but from what I'm seeing in gas efficiency between the two MY's, this might be a big factor for you. Do some research between the two model years relative to their MPG.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old style is just that...old...and dated.
Not to mention the old gen 5.3l is totally gutless IMO.
I would WITHOUT QUESTION buy the 15.

BobDobalina

Reaction score
I bought my 15 LS 4wd as a demo with 2200 miles in Dec 15. Loaded 14s were the same money and most were rattle traps. My "base" model has the collision avoidance, lane monitor stuff, rear locker power seats, windows etc. I paid $41k. Spent $1800 on some REAL FULL leather and going to spend $1600 on a power sunroof in the next couple weeks. Its a great truck.

REVO_zpshi1p9i72.jpg

leather1_zpsi4cir9vp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman