Little Liftgate Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mikana31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
M

Mikana31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me question convenience. Too bright light behind. When you look for something in the trunk, you yourself will cast a shadow on the things inside, against the backdrop of bright light, this will be very unpleasant for the eyes. It is better to add light from above in the ceiling of the trunk, or in the side pillars. And for camping, it's better to keep the door closed so as not to let in a crowd of insects)))

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me question convenience. Too bright light behind. When you look for something in the trunk, you yourself will cast a shadow on the things inside, against the backdrop of bright light, this will be very unpleasant for the eyes. It is better to add light from above in the ceiling of the trunk, or in the side pillars. And for camping, it's better to keep the door closed so as not to let in a crowd of insects)))
The interior dome lights light the other side if needed. This is a great idea when you want to just add some extra light to what we already have. I've seen it done by a few members here and it works good. You can also wire them in to come on with the dome lights so it's automatic when you open the liftgate.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cargo area is dim as heck. It looks like 2015 and possibly 2016 models had a 4th row LED dome light that was eliminated sometime for 2017 or 2018 models maybe.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the cargo area lights in my 23 ls tahoe. It works well enough for my needs currently.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is mine mounted on the top, and I tapped into the 12V outlet in the back, mounted the switch right above it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman