Lights Burnt-out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ImPrettySnazzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So about half of my lights behind my switches on the drivers side have gone out. Its been this way a while. All of the switches work except the mirror ones.
List of the bulbs not working
-mirror d-pad
-mirror selection switch
-passenger window
-drivers widow
-auto 4x4
-2 hi

so my question is are the bulbs burnt out or could it be something else?

Attachments

• photo-7.jpg
    photo-7.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 30

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably just the bulbs. If it were a fuse or a connection, all the lights in that area would be out.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
******* GM grade-A work right there. I lost a bulb in the headlight switch one in the steering wheel and one in the radio. You have it way worse than me. Cant believe GM put out shit like this. Sorry for the rant but this shit and the whole peeling dash and console bs really pisses me off. Less than Honda quality shit on an originally 50k+ truck? WTF GM?

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eventually I'll have someone like scottboy do it or actually have him do it. I cant solder for shit and dont wanna take all that stuff apart

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I ended up getting a dash kit that looks better than stock with all that plastic anyway

OP
OP
I

ImPrettySnazzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to switch them to led I'm just not very soulder savvy and it is quite pricey to get everything done

And as far as the mirror buttons not working does anyone know what the problem might be or is the switch just bad?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to switch them to led I'm just not very soulder savvy and it is quite pricey to get everything done

And as far as the mirror buttons not working does anyone know what the problem might be or is the switch just bad?

Pop the switch cover off and make sure the connections to the switch are good.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The power mirror switch only has one bulb in it. It illuminates the square pad, and very faintly gives some light to the selector switch. If the switch is actually not working (aside from the lighting) you can try popping it open and cleaning the inside and the contacts. They get VERY dirty and can stop working. But be careful when opening it, as there are some very small parts inside. Try doing it in a try like a baking pan, so if anything does fall out you wont lose it. And open it with the buttons facing down, and you might not even have anything fall out. Just lift the back up and off when you get it popped loose. Then clean the dirt out of there with a q-tip and some alcohol. If it doesn't work after a good cleaning, then you will have to replace the switch.

And yes, people say my prices to do LED work are not cheap. But for all the work involved, I think 20-30 bucks per switch is more than fair. Yes, it does add up if you want your entire interior done though. It takes me roughly around an hour to open up and clean each part, and unsolder the stock bulbs then solder in LEDs and resistors. So for what all is involved and as much of my time it takes up, I cant afford to do them any cheaper than that. I have done numerous write ups with detailed pictures and all showing people how to do the LED conversions themselves. Those who have done it themselves can attest that is is a VERY time consuming process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ImPrettySnazzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took it apart and cleaned it the other day, it worked for all of one button push then quit again :emotions122:
oh well, I'm in the middle of trying to sell the tahoe anyways so I'm not to worried about it anymore

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yes, people say my prices to do LED work are not cheap. But for all the work involved, I think 20-30 bucks per switch is more than fair.

It's more than fair Scotty, I did quite a few of my own when the bulbs went out and talk about time consuming, they weren't that hard (except the master window swich which I didn't cut any corners on and did it the hard way) but took some time to do them right!! If someone is really wanting their switches fixed or with some cool LED's, that's a good price for someone else to do them for sure, I'm a cheapskate and would rather fix and do stuff on my own otherwise you would have my business as well!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made