Liftglass Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed my liftglass isn’t centered on the liftgate. It’s not a big deal, but now I can’t unsee it. Is there any way to make left/right adjustments on just the glass? Thanks!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had this rig for a while and it’s a new problem? Has it been hit back there? Are the window struts in good shape with no play?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not looked at the mounting/hinge apparatus that attaches the window to the rear door frame. Perhaps, there is some adjustment in the mounting/hinge apparatus. Loosen the attaching screws and see if there is some room for adjustment.

OP
OP
qcon

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had this rig for a while and it’s a new problem? Has it been hit back there? Are the window struts in good shape with no play?

I was rear ended in a parking lot a couple years ago with minor damage to the corner of the liftgate and left light assembly. The liftgate is new but the glass is probably original. I never noticed the misalignment til this weekend.

OP
OP
qcon

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not looked at the mounting/hinge apparatus that attaches the window to the rear door frame. Perhaps, there is some adjustment in the mounting/hinge apparatus. Loosen the attaching screws and see if there is some room for adjustment.

It’s an interesting hinge assembly. But I don’t see any way of adjusting the glass position.

I found this online, but I’m not sure what slots they’re referring to.

Rear Compartment Lift Window Panel Adjustment

The lift gate and lift glass hinges share a common rotation axis.

Fore/Aft Adjustment
The lift gate and lift glass are adjusted together in this direction. The lift gate hinge can be adjusted fore/aft on its D-ring attachment surface through a mean shift in the pierced net hole on the D-ring.

Up/Down Adjustment

• The lift gate and lift glass are adjusted separately in this direction.
• Lift gate-Slots on the lift gate-side strap of the lift gate hinge allow the lift gate to be adjusted up/down without affecting the position of the lift glass.
• Lift glass-There is no separate up/down adjustment for lift glass.

Cross-Car Adjustment

• The lift gate and lift glass are adjusted separately in this position.
• Lift gate-Slots on the driver-side lift gate hinge-lift gate-side strap allow the lift gate to be adjusted cross-car without affecting the position of the lift gate.
• Lift glass-Slots on the passenger-side lift gate hinge-lift gate-side strap allow the lift glass to be adjusted cross-car without affecting the position of the lift gate.

OP
OP
qcon

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive the dirty hatch, but here are shots of the left and right bottom corners of the glass. The left side has a much bigger panel gap than the right. 5F351462-4E68-4C7E-9B30-D5D09AC14127.jpeg0B8BDB59-A9AC-4683-85C9-301DC7C78B7E.jpeg

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Long story short i only found out by changing a rear bulb. Now i can see where the glass is rubbing and leaving a mark on the plastics

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can try loosening up the bolts on the glass hinge and see if you can align it a smidge better but there is not much to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic