Liftgate won't unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Shibbershabber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi shibbershabber. That video was great. I got the tailgate and window open and took off the plastic surrounds the tailgate. I hear the lock actuator clicking with my daughter working the unlock button so I guess it’s the actuator itself?
Youve gone that far, replace it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there two lock actuators in the tailgate? One for the glass and one for the hatch?
not sure but be sure the rear wiper arm is in the parked position properly or the rear glass will not open (safety feature), if the rear wiper arm is not working that may be why the rear glass will not open because it thinks the wiper arm is up.

watuzi

Reaction score
Found this though....

Worked.

Hey man,
I watched the video and my '05 Tahoe is making that same noise when I lock/unlock the door. It usually happens on the second press of the fob. But the actuator still works, it just makes that weird noise. I have had this problem now for a few months but have learned to live with the sound hehe. I'm just glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. Napa wants $200 for the actuator but you can get it on Amazon for around $300. Go figure.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man,
I watched the video and my '05 Tahoe is making that same noise when I lock/unlock the door. It usually happens on the second press of the fob. But the actuator still works, it just makes that weird noise. I have had this problem now for a few months but have learned to live with the sound hehe. I'm just glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. Napa wants $200 for the actuator but you can get it on Amazon for around $300. Go figure.
I use NAPA a lot. They are local for one thing. But they are very close on prices that online sources have. Not always, but most of the time pretty close...

With AAA membership, I always get 10% discount and there is no shipping charges. So, many times, it works out a little cheaper and I don't have to wait more than a day for something not already at the store.

They just had 20% off before Memorial Day. I was able to upgrade to SKF (Timken) wheel hub for $159 next day pickup. That was the same as the non-sale price of the cheaper hub, so I was really happy with that deal!

hoss265

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use NAPA a lot. They are local for one thing. But they are very close on prices that online sources have. Not always, but most of the time pretty close...

With AAA membership, I always get 10% discount and there is no shipping charges. So, many times, it works out a little cheaper and I don't have to wait more than a day for something not already at the store.

They just had 20% off before Memorial Day. I was able to upgrade to SKF (Timken) wheel hub for $159 next day pickup. That was the same as the non-sale price of the cheaper hub, so I was really happy with that deal!
I'm gonna add a question... this thread was a life saver... I have an 05 Tahoe PPV. Replaced the tailgate actuator... the glass will unlock and lift but I replaced the exterior handle and hooked the cables up... now will not unlock and dead like beginning... any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20221005_192754.jpg
    20221005_192754.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221005_185357.jpg
    20221005_185357.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10