Liftgate glass spontaneously shattered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard of a friend who cracked his front glass supposedly by heating up the glass to quick . He was running late for school, hopped in his hummer and was gunnin it the whole way and I guess the heater gettin hot faster than the window cracked it. but Ive never heard of a glass just shattering out like that.

OP
OP
D

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there must have been a small crack/chip that wasn't visible, and the quick temp change just pushed it over the edge. Anyways, I have full glass coverage with $0 deductible, so a new one is going in tomorrow morning! :)

coopiesb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had it happen to me a couple times... worked at a car wash and when it was cold in the early morning we had a couple crack from the hot water/cold window

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
I've heard that it's from having a short in one of the wires for the defrost....the glass is real cold and that short get's real hot and BAM!!!! bye bye window

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened on my moms Yukon it was parked in a parking lot. It was hot outside and it exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog