Lifted Suspension Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t post very often, but found this suspension solution which offers a fantastic ride and almost perfect lift (although a tad higher than I wanted) at a decent price. The front is Eibach Pro-lift for a 2007-20014 2wd Silverado (matched springs with rha front sport shock on lowest setting). This nets about a 2.75-3 inch on front coupled with moog 81069 rear springs+1.5 spacer with the eibach pro sport shock in back designed for 2007-2014 Silverado. It’s about an 1 inch more than I wanted overall, but this setup provides a level stance and superb ride. Better than brand new stock ride. Will post pics tomorrow. But to those trying to figure out a good setup this works very well. Only thing I would do different (and may revise at some point is drop upper control arms as the stocks are about an inch from max angle. But that’s an easy afterthought down the road.

originally I only expected 2.3 out of the front, which would paired perfect with just the 81069 Moogs in the back, but netted 3 out of front. Adding 1.5 spacers to rear leveled it out almost perfect. Maybe .5 inch rake. Sits higher than desired, but ride is really excellent. Eats the bumps, no pitching or rolling when on road. I’m also a few hundreds pounds heavier than stock with rack and Overland interior setup.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, sometimes I’d like to have a little less lift than I do.

Did you do a NorCal or other trimming to clear those tires?

S4NM4N

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would love to see those pics. I'm looking now to upgrade the stock suspension on my 07 Tahoe. My brain is on information overload for the past few weeks I've been looking into it. Looking for a good setup for some overlanding. No rock crawling just a bit of clearance on rough roads and not to feel like I'll be thrown out of the truck when hitting small ruts or washboards.

Marshall 008

Reaction score
I don’t post very often, but found this suspension solution which offers a fantastic ride and almost perfect lift (although a tad higher than I wanted) at a decent price. The front is Eibach Pro-lift for a 2007-20014 2wd Silverado (matched springs with rha front sport shock on lowest setting). This nets about a 2.75-3 inch on front coupled with moog 81069 rear springs+1.5 spacer with the eibach pro sport shock in back designed for 2007-2014 Silverado. It’s about an 1 inch more than I wanted overall, but this setup provides a level stance and superb ride. Better than brand new stock ride. Will post pics tomorrow. But to those trying to figure out a good setup this works very well. Only thing I would do different (and may revise at some point is drop upper control arms as the stocks are about an inch from max angle. But that’s an easy afterthought down the road.

originally I only expected 2.3 out of the front, which would paired perfect with just the 81069 Moogs in the back, but netted 3 out of front. Adding 1.5 spacers to rear leveled it out almost perfect. Maybe .5 inch rake. Sits higher than desired, but ride is really excellent. Eats the bumps, no pitching or rolling when on road. I’m also a few hundreds pounds heavier than stock with rack and Overland interior setup.
Just out of curiosity, what is the measurement in inches are your fenders from the ground or center of hubs?
Tks

Marshall 008

Reaction score

Will - Were you able to get around to taking some pictures? Really interested in see this setup. I'm considering purchasing this setup for my 08 Tahoe Z71. Did you have a hard time getting the front struts installed with the increased lift? I already have the Moog 81069's but would be interested in finding rear springs that were a bit longer to give some additional lift vs using a spacer.

After this lift setup, were you able to run 35" tires? I'm not planning to go that big as I would like to fit 285/75/17's (33.8" ish). Just curious about tire fitment.

Also, what do you mean by "drop upper control arms"?

Tks

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can you post some pics, please?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will - Were you able to get around to taking some pictures? Really interested in see this setup. I'm considering purchasing this setup for my 08 Tahoe Z71. Did you have a hard time getting the front struts installed with the increased lift? I already have the Moog 81069's but would be interested in finding rear springs that were a bit longer to give some additional lift vs using a spacer.

After this lift setup, were you able to run 35" tires? I'm not planning to go that big as I would like to fit 285/75/17's (33.8" ish). Just curious about tire fitment.

Also, what do you mean by "drop upper control arms"?

Tks
@Marshall 008 I would think he is talking about lifted control arms. Like Rough Countrys forged upper control arms. I am lifted about the same as this and I am nowhere near being able to run 35 inch tires. Here is a link to a post outlining my journey is converting my Tahoe from being lowered to lifted: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/my-z71-seems-lower-than-it-should.117498/

OP
OP
Will S

Will S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post some pics, please?
1BBEFA03-68CC-49E6-83C0-1FFE33067A6E.jpegCBCF323E-186D-4CAD-927D-1350C7705B4F.jpegE29FE796-6261-4A70-9B2E-8E101AE20B5A.jpeg9DEE09B4-C677-43FA-AA74-2149B738066E.jpeg
Truck is sideways on a slope so drivers side springs are a bit extended. The rear shocks are Eibach Sport for a Silverado as well. Which should provide +2 to keeps shocks in “happy” zone. Changing fronts is always a pain as many know. I’m a so so DIY’er, ride is really great even if I’m a bit taller than ideal. Did a NORCAL MOD on front. Also, removed washer bottle, chopped 2 inches off bottom, fiberglassed a new bottom and rattled canned it black.