Lift with bilstein shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id just go z71. I think you'll pay to ship the stock springs, and then be buying Z ones anyways, honestly. I just picked up my wheels, and no pic (dark), but I set them "in place" just to "see." I think they'll fit, but barely. My z springs are 13 years old, so probably a little lower than new, but man, it's CLOSE. LOL.

Will mess around sometime this week and see what I need to do. I will say this, the 275/70/r18 grabber atx look like everything I hoped they would. My daughter saw them and was like, "whoa, dad..." :party36::pepper::party36::pepper:
Yep.

I paid like $50 on amazon for moog z71 springs iirc.

$47 right now.

Moog 81069 Coil Spring Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00498ZR7A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NRlWDbVQAESH9

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id just go z71. I think you'll pay to ship the stock springs, and then be buying Z ones anyways, honestly. I just picked up my wheels, and no pic (dark), but I set them "in place" just to "see." I think they'll fit, but barely. My z springs are 13 years old, so probably a little lower than new, but man, it's CLOSE. LOL.

Will mess around sometime this week and see what I need to do. I will say this, the 275/70/r18 grabber atx look like everything I hoped they would. My daughter saw them and was like, "whoa, dad..." :party36::pepper::party36::pepper:

I had the same reaction when my tires showed up. Have the faith! Theyll fit haha. Id bet you lost about half an inch over the life of the springs. You'll have to let me know what your fender heights are once you get everything done. My rear end is just over 39"

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haha! Nice! Yeah. Kinda what I was thinking. Probably need to just go the Z71 spring route and get it higher off the ground! [emoji16][emoji106] looking forward to some progress pics.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I had the same reaction when my tires showed up. Have the faith! Theyll fit haha. Id bet you lost about half an inch over the life of the springs. You'll have to let me know what your fender heights are once you get everything done. My rear end is just over 39"

Will do. Mine sits at 36.5 LR 37 RR now. With the simple diameter increase (radius, really) the math (33.2-31.6/2=0.8) says I'll be 37.3 and 37.8. You're over an inch higher than that. We shall see.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Already in my cart. Lol

Probably best. I measured last night and they won't fit in a USPS flat rate box so I doubt they're worth shipping. Especially considering they have 175k on them. I just hate to throw them out. No rust at all since my Tahoe has been in NC since new and mostly garage kept.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. Mine sits at 36.5 LR 37 RR now. With the simple diameter increase (radius, really) the math (33.2-31.6/2=0.8) says I'll be 37.3 and 37.8. You're over an inch higher than that. We shall see.

It wouldn't surprise me if your springs have sagged at least 3/4" because I gained roughly 2" in the rear from the z71 springs and I know that they weren't that much taller than the LS/LT trucks from the factory.

How many miles are on your Tahoe?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if your springs have sagged at least 3/4" because I gained roughly 2" in the rear from the z71 springs and I know that they weren't that much taller than the LS/LT trucks from the factory.

How many miles are on your Tahoe?

157k.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Well then. Thanks for your example! I had a reeeeaaaaalllly hard time finding setups that fit my bill for some reason. Yours pushed me over the edge. I put them on tonight.... they fit! Stock! No rub anywhere. It's close in front at full lock, but they clear.

This poses another problem...
I don't want to truck around a bunch on brand new tires without a fresh alignment. Already spoke to my hookup for that. Trouble is this...do I crank the front a little? I will give myself just a couple days to decide as I look at and drive it. I will get good measurements tomorrow. Doesn't look like it in the pics, but I think I just need a heavy inch in front to level. I Kroiled the bolts tonight in preparation....

My initial review of the Grabber ATX is a good one. They are super quiet and look awesome. I will post separately on them after a little time.

Pics for verification purposes:

20191106_211702.jpg 20191106_211716.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well then. Thanks for your example! I had a reeeeaaaaalllly hard time finding setups that fit my bill for some reason. Yours pushed me over the edge. I put them on tonight.... they fit! Stock! No rub anywhere. It's close in front at full lock, but they clear.

This poses another problem...
I don't want to truck around a bunch on brand new tires without a fresh alignment. Already spoke to my hookup for that. Trouble is this...do I crank the front a little? I will give myself just a couple days to decide as I look at and drive it. I will get good measurements tomorrow. Doesn't look like it in the pics, but I think I just need a heavy inch in front to level. I Kroiled the bolts tonight in preparation....

My initial review of the Grabber ATX is a good one. They are super quiet and look awesome. I will post separately on them after a little time.

Pics for verification purposes:

View attachment 233893 View attachment 233894
Looking good! Yes looks like it needs just a bit of turn up front to level out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne