Lift with bilstein shocks?

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by BlueCollarTahoe, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    BlueCollarTahoe likes this.
  2. BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe Full Access Member

Name:
    jay
    i ordered the springs i have them already, theyre huge! i tohught you had to used both of them together. its essentially one or the other?

3. rgosart

rgosart TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    You replace the stock springs for z71 springs. You can use spacers for additional lift but I would recommend against it because you would have to crank your keys so much that there will not be much suspension down travel in the front end to level the truck. Fender heights for my Tahoe with z71 springs and left keys are 39.25 rear and 38.75 front. I left a little bit of rake in it because the rear will settle some after the springs are installed. That is with 275/70r18 tires (33.2")

20191007_100628.jpg

BlueCollarTahoe and HiHoeSilver like this.
  4. BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe Full Access Member

Name:
    jay
    so is this a complete list of parts for the 3 inch lift done this way? also is there an alternate part for the front stabilizer bar ends? the ones in the link i cant find anymore

5. rgosart

rgosart TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    I didnt replace shocks or sway bar links so I dont know. My shocks are new and my links are in good shape.

BlueCollarTahoe likes this.