Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Can I stack a 3" knuckle lift with a 2" T bar lift / level kit? For a total of 5"?

For the rear I was thinking 6" lift springs?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I stack a 3" knuckle lift with a 2" T bar lift / level kit? For a total of 5"?

For the rear I was thinking 6" lift springs?

Your angles would be horrible.

OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Ok so will I be ok with the 3" knuckle kit and Z-71 springs and a 1.5" spring spacer? And if so what size tire can I run max size? We have 20" rims

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even want to run a 3" lift without a diff drop but I think some people do.

OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Diff drop why at 3" I don't think the drive shaft angles will be that off?

Jeff d

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a 2wd based on your username (z56) and the fact that most (all?) tahoes with the z56 police pursuit vehicle package are 2wd.

If it is 2wd then there are no cv joints therefore you only have to worry about control arm and steering angles. The knuckles will take care of those and keep them close to or the same as stock. Then when you crank you should end up with "normal" angles for a 2" crank from stock (i.e. Not bad).

If it's 2wd then it should be fine but you might want to find someone else who has done it if you want to be sure. Or just do it and see what happens. Worst case you might just have to be happy with the 3" knuckles if the crank causes issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Hmm. Not for my Tahoe for my wife's and yes it too is only 2wheel drive