Lift key/blocks question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe Josh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have done some research and seen some good/some bad opinions but I was wondering about those with first hand experience. I have done many big lifts in the past but really dont want to go down that road money wise this time. I have a 99 4D/4wd Tahoe and just want to pick it up a bit to run 285's and have some extra fender room/ground clearance. I dont hard core off road anymore, this is my daily driver and its used off road for hunting season. Ive purchased a 3" block kit for the rear and shims as well to correct pinion angle. Now Im looking at the torsion key lift for the front. I have my stock ones turned up currently and backed off about a turn. Will the aftermarket ones gift me about another 2" of so? Am I going to be replacing alot of front end parts with just that little bit of lift?

Thanks all!!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Keep yours you don't need the aftermarket ones. Just crank to 2in no more or you will wear out everything fast and ride like crap

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have basically what your talking about. 3" keys and 3" blocks. it rides like a truck what can i say? i dont mind it but some are more particular about ride quality. i havent worn anything out yet and angles arent good but but they have held up to some crap. i have 33x12.50 on 10 wides.. trust me go smaller on the wheel/tire size

Dowsewashere

Reaction score
Lift keys wont do anything more than what stock keys will. Im not positive but i think that 2in blocks and a matching level crank would do the trick to clear 33s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415