Leveled tahoe with new front end components cant seem to align nicely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leveled the tahoe a few years back and put new shocks on, and some new cheap tires.
I had some uneven tire wear after about 18 months, wearing away at the outside edge, and I could feel my front end was loose especially when driving 80 with wind on the highway, it required constant focus to drive straight.
I also noticed I couldn't get a good alignment to stay and there was play in my idler arm.
I couldn't get my camber adjusted to have my front tires look straight, they are always tilted a tad. Also, one of my cam adjusters was seized up.

Over the course of a year I replaced upper and lower control arms and ball joints, fixed the seized cam adjuster, cv axels, idler arm and bracket, tie rods and ends, and both wheel bearings. She drives much tighter, and stays straight at highway speeds easier.

Still though, I notice after a few months to drive straight my steering wheel is slightly off to one side, and I am always looking at the camber on my front tires which is also slightly off.

After all the work I put into the front end making her new I am just being so critical it's driving me nuts lol. I also don't want to wear down new tires for a shorter life.

My dad is always busting my balls saying she's so old you just can't get them to align perfectly that old but I am convinced I can.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toe-N-Go Alignment strikes again! Better Shop. Post Results.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toe-N-Go Alignment strikes again! Better Shop. Post Results.
I've noticed most shops with the 1 2 year alignment plans only align all the specs one time after that they seem to only touch the toe.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^Lucky if they do it 1st time, most don't know how,or are unwilling to make steering wheel straight.^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518