Letter from GM on 2017 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got letter from GM today on my Denaili dealing with increased braking effort ,hard pedal,and or potentially increased stopping distance.Something about engine mounted mechanical vacum pump output. Also says not following recommended oil change intervals could contribute to condition.They extended warranty 6yr or 72,000 miles

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Got letter from GM today on my Denaili dealing with increased braking effort ,hard pedal,and or potentially increased stopping distance.Something about engine mounted mechanical vacum pump output. Also says not following recommended oil change intervals could contribute to condition.They extended warranty 6yr or 72,000 miles
Oil change intervals affect breaking? What do they recommend and what are YOUR intervals?

OP
OP
Blackcar

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't recommend oil change intervals just what the owners service interval is which should be what DIC says

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the vacuum pumps have been failing that is why they are extending the warranty (it is a known issue), I would imagine this is there way of skirting around a full recall.
I think something happens to a seal and then oil gets inside and that's why it takes increased braking pressure

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What years and motors does this affect?
15+, Not sure if they changed anything on the late model trucks, like a different supplier or revision, etc it's been brought up the forum before. I think something happens to a seal and then oil gets inside and that's what causes the need for increased braking pressure

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu