Intermittent Braking Loss on '16 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukon John

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One additional addition to this story....GMC Truck Division sent me a $100 service/repair voucher to be used for future required maintenance or repairs.

Honestly....I don't think I have ever been treated as well as I have with this issue by any other manufacturer or dealer.

Jeff Potter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add me to the list of "HOLY SH%T!, what just happened to my BRAKES" list. Vacuum pump fail at low speeds. Getting replaced this coming week.

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK...remember the old expression " The pen is mightier than the sword" ? Soooo...while I was waiting in the "Customer's Lounge"...I called GM Customer Service and explained to them what was going on. The young lady with GM put me on hold for a few minutes while she verified my VIN and odometer mileage (On Star)...got back to me with a call transfer to a "Customer Service Manager". The CS Mgr gave me a case number, called the dealer while I was on hold...came back on the line and told me there would be NO CHARGE...and I should go back to the service department. Before I could get across the building...I heard my name called out on the PA system to please report to the Service Department. I was met by my service advisor and the Service Manager confirming what GM Customer Service had told me...the repairs would be handled under warranty for Engine and Drivetrain at No Charge to me.

Lots of smiling faces and hand shakes later...within about 2 hours I was on my way. Oh...they also gave me a discount on a full 8 quart full synthetic oil and filter change fo $60 !!!

GMC Truck Division...HELL YES !!!:head3:

I have this issue but its intermittent (and of course does not happen at the dealership). I guess I'll be calling GM Customer service also (800.222.1020)

stormin

Reaction score
I have had the same issue with my 2016 Tahoe ltz...started approx. 2 months ago...
low and behold... a couple of days ago .. I get a letter in the mail from generous motors...making me aware of this possible problem and if I do experience this... they will replace the vacuum pump under warranty and have extended the warranty on this issue I believe for 6 years from the date your vehicle was placed in service or 116,000 kms… which is approx. 70,000 miles.
so if you have this issue and haven't received notice from GM... go check with your local dealer and inquire about this campaign.

take care all!!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a really bad design, I wonder what happens when the vacuum pump decides to completely blow the seal and send a surge of engine oil into the brake booster.
why is the vacuum pump even designed in this manner? there should be no possible way for engine oil to get into your brake system
Actually, if its not taken care of promptly, that’s exactly what will happen and you need to swap the booster too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts