Lets try this again.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked about Ford Keys vs GM Lift Keys vs Ford Lift keys a couple weeks ago.

No, I'm NOT going to use Ford lift keys for my Suburban so that I "could" lift the front end 5-6". I know damn well how bad driveline angles would be, and how quickly ball joints and pitman and idler arms would wear out, and on and on and on....

What I AM asking is this - If standard Ford keys are used, approximately how much lift would there be, ASSUMING the torsion bar adjusting bolts are EXACTLY the same as using the stock keys. In other words, If I had 8 threads showing with the stock keys, and I swapped in the Ford keys, how much of a difference in ride height would there be with the same 8 threads showing?

All other things being exactly the same, would 1 1/2 - 2" be typical?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone do that swap in a long time. Think it's something around an 1". That was all before lift keys became popular for companies to make cheap. You can find lift keys for $20 on eBay so doubt it can be any cheaper to go pull ford keys to do the same thing.

OP
OP
BigDaddy13440

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if that's the case, that Ford Keys net about a 1" lift, then Ford lift keys that would lift a Ford an inch (again, same number of threads, blah blah...) would net a 2" lift in a Chevy, again with the same number of threads.

The ONLY reason I'm asking is that there is a lifted '99 Expedition at the local u-pull yard. I know it has to be lifted, as it has trashed 35's on it. I can get those lifted Ford keys for $15.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes your correct. Those keys might be cranked or lift keys. Put for the time and effort to pull them off that truck for $15, I would order new ones for $20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz