Lets talk MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL_ESQ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
H
I ordered in Dec and I'm paying MSRP + any discounts GM may have when vehicle is received.
GM won’t have any discounts in the next year at least. At least that’s what my local dealer indicated, but it would make total sense to me.

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
H

GM won’t have any discounts in the next year at least. At least that’s what my local dealer indicated, but it would make total sense to me.
I can't make myself 'like' this post, but I think you may be right...

wwolfe

Reaction score
just purchased 2022 Tahoe LT here in Western NY. Paid MSRP but dealer was able to apply GM Supplier discount (approx $4,500) off list. Missed out on Costco as the Tahoe did not arrive and get paperwork processed by 1/3/22...that would of been another $1000. like most everyone else, no dealer stock on lots and basically ordering or taking what is in transit. I was able to grab one in transit and will arrive tomorrow. Basic 18" wheels which is fine as i will use them in winter and already purchased OEM 20" Tahoe wheels off ebay for $750 set of 4. Moving from 2018 Tahoe so interested to see improvements in ride with new rear suspension.

OP
OP
B

busi4eun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just purchased 2022 Tahoe LT here in Western NY. Paid MSRP but dealer was able to apply GM Supplier discount (approx $4,500) off list. Missed out on Costco as the Tahoe did not arrive and get paperwork processed by 1/3/22...that would of been another $1000. like most everyone else, no dealer stock on lots and basically ordering or taking what is in transit. I was able to grab one in transit and will arrive tomorrow. Basic 18" wheels which is fine as i will use them in winter and already purchased OEM 20" Tahoe wheels off ebay for $750 set of 4. Moving from 2018 Tahoe so interested to see improvements in ride with new rear suspension.
Is there somewhere or website customer can check GM discount? I know how to check costco discount but man, that 4500 discount is nice

wwolfe

Reaction score
I had to fill out form on gm website link with my company code info. Once i did that it took me to discounts off chevy vehicles and provided that to the local dealer along with the company code. I am definitely not complaining given incentives and discounts on new vehicles are pretty much at a bare minimum these days. When we purchased our 2018 tahoe. We had $9500 off msrp

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now that’s the ole unicorn type of dealership, most dealers will laugh at you if you even mention the supplier discount

GoHeels

Reaction score
Is there somewhere or website customer can check GM discount? I know how to check costco discount but man, that 4500 discount is nice
You’ll need to work for a preferred supplier, but you can see the discount here:

When you go to buy, you’ll be required to provide an authorization code and prove you work for one of their preferred suppliers.

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just brought home a 22 High Country a few days ago.....I was lucky to catch one in transit and secure it with a deposit. I paid MSRP, which once again lucky as around here anything with a 5.3 is 5k over and the 6.2's is 10k over. There was a dealer 2 hours north that wasn't playing that game, but laughed at me when I mentioned my supplier discount. They said you realize you can drive this off the lot and immediately make 5-10k profit. I guess it's just the day and age we are in right now...

wwolfe

Reaction score
Yes thats correct..I have to bring current pay stubs. I have used this discount 3 times now and Costco discount once. My local dealer has pretty much purchased all the independent chevy and gmc dealers around so getting pretty big in size and volume. Miss the days of small dealerships but have a good relationship one of their locations and they treat me very well. Should be here today and wife will be happy

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
I paid MSRP, no dealer add-ons and they met me halfway to deliver (3hrs.) BUT I also got a super amazing price on my current vehicle when I sold to GiveMeTheVin which was the only reason I was ok paying MSRP. I talked to probably 100+ dealers in Texas and surrounding states from Aug to Nov and I would say it was about 40/60 offering MSRP vs over MSRP. Other shit things some are doing on top of add-ons is requiring you trade with them (so they can low ball you) and/or requiring GM financing. I stayed far away from those guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC