Lets talk MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

busi4eun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

Newly joined here, currently ordered 2022 Tahoe just this weekend and wanted to get a feel on how everyone is doing as far as price concerns and to see if I am paying too much. I ordered 2022 Tahoe premier plus premium package with black bowtie and name. What dealer asking is straight up MSRP, no discount and I have to wait weeks. I have called other dealers in the region and most of them are asking dealer addon on top of MSRP so I guess I am glad to find one that is willing to go with just MSRP? How is everyone doing??

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot personally assist you with your question, as I own a GMT900 generation truck, but lots of folks on this Forum are looking into and purchasing 2022 model year trucks, and they will chime in.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see Toyota is outselling GM recently while GM is reporting record profits. Weird times in the car business. I'm liking these new Tahoes but that MSRP and more out the door costs sure aren't for me. Lots of good info on here and good luck with your machine and delivery.

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newly joined here, currently ordered 2022 Tahoe just this weekend and wanted to get a feel on how everyone is doing as far as price concerns and to see if I am paying too much. I ordered 2022 Tahoe premier plus premium package with black bowtie and name. What dealer asking is straight up MSRP, no discount and I have to wait weeks. I have called other dealers in the region and most of them are asking dealer addon on top of MSRP so I guess I am glad to find one that is willing to go with just MSRP? How is everyone doing??
I think right now, MSRP is fair. There have been a couple of folks stating they got under MSRP, but not by much. Many more are paying over MSRP.
I ordered mine at MSRP after visiting 5 dealers and getting $5-15k over or flat out refusing to order.
I'm 9 weeks in, and current target production week is next week. If it goes on time and no side lot waits for chips, I'm looking at probably 13-14 weeks from order to delivery.
Now, some of the delay on mine is due to my preferences, i.e. it's a loaded RST (minus RSE) with the Diesel.

GOOD LUCK!

outkastist

Reaction score
I think right now, MSRP is fair. There have been a couple of folks stating they got under MSRP, but not by much. Many more are paying over MSRP.
I ordered mine at MSRP after visiting 5 dealers and getting $5-15k over or flat out refusing to order.
I'm 9 weeks in, and current target production week is next week. If it goes on time and no side lot waits for chips, I'm looking at probably 13-14 weeks from order to delivery.
Now, some of the delay on mine is due to my preferences, i.e. it's a loaded RST (minus RSE) with the Diesel.

GOOD LUCK!
This. I just received my '22 Yukon XL. If you want one now, expect dealer markups between $5k and $15k. if you are willing to wait on a factory order, expect MSRP, with possibly an add on item or two.

Bottom line, if you can get out the door at MSRP plus tax/tag/title, then you are doing good these days.

Make sure to do all price negotiations prior to order.

GoHeels

Reaction score
MSRP + tax, tag, title, & dealer fee is rare these days. Most in my area either wanted to charge another $2k in add-ons (tint, nitrogen, edge guards, etc) or had a $3k-$10k market adjustment, even for custom orders.

My dealer was the only one I found within 100 miles that would honor supplier pricing, low dealer admin fee, and no required dealer add-ons. I found one other that was basically the same except their dealer admin fee was almost double and only dropped their required add-ons after I told them I had a deal worked out with someone else. I don't know exactly how many I talked to, but it was a lot, and at the end of the day only 2 were "reasonable".

Oaktree

Reaction score
I ordered in Dec and I'm paying MSRP + any discounts GM may have when vehicle is received.

Sofa6A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This was my “deal” too on a Yukon ordered last Monday. MSRP less any offers at the time of delivery. Tax, title and a bit of a steep “doc fee”.

But we’ll see what the real deal is when/if the truck shows up…

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my RST at msrp. A week later they started the markups to 5k. This was in June 21 and I think they have gone up somewhere between 7k-10k. I say if you haven’t found one keep searching for msrp. It’s not impossible but perhaps difficult to find.

Reaction score
We are paying msrp but most other dealers I talked to are marking up at least $5,000. Those marking up have been a lost more generous with the trade at least for the few I talked too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792